Beep, beep
3 (60%)
Jaron
0 (0%)
I like this option
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2010, 05:34:07 PM
I'll give you a hint that will make things go much easier - only listen to what the prosecuting attorney has to say.   :)
This is a civil case.  Which makes Cal sad, since I do not get to bring down the HAMMER OF JUSTICE on anyone. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2010, 05:38:13 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2010, 05:34:07 PM
I'll give you a hint that will make things go much easier - only listen to what the prosecuting attorney has to say.   :)
This is a civil case.  Which makes Cal sad, since I do not get to bring down the HAMMER OF JUSTICE on anyone. :(

Oh yuck.   :bleeding:

Well, in that case, remember that insuance companies are people too.

Caliga

I am permitted to say nothing further at this time, sir. :)

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2010, 05:44:36 PM
I am permitted to say nothing further at this time, sir. :)

You don't have to say anything - just listen.  :contract:

There is no such thing as fibromyalgia.
Chiropractors can't diagnose anything.
"Chronic pain syndrome" is a myth.
Never give an award just because one side has "deep pockets".
When a judge gives you instructions - LISTEN.

Of course if you could at least tell us what kind of case it is I could give you more specific instructions...

Caliga

60% of what you have said is, as Seven of Nine would say, irrelevant. :)

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2010, 05:50:00 PM
60% of what you have said is, as Seven of Nine would say, irrelevant. :)

So not a MVA then...  Hmm...

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2010, 05:48:38 PM

:hmm:  Really, Dr. Boy?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Habbaku

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 26, 2010, 06:45:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2010, 05:48:38 PM

:hmm:  Really, Dr. Boy?

Beeb also thinks that if you're brought before a judge you're guilty of a crime, so take any statements with a grain of salt.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2010, 08:39:17 PM
Beeb also thinks that if you're brought before a judge you're guilty of a crime, so take any statements with a grain of salt.

Apparently if you think that way during jury selection, the defense lawyer will dismiss you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 08:46:16 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2010, 08:39:17 PM

Apparently if you think that way during jury selection, the defense lawyer will dismiss you.

Excellent.  So all I need to do is to make similar statements to get out of it  :showoff:

DGuller

IMO, making deliberately stupid statement to get out of a jury is very unethical.  There are fellow citizens out there whose fate lies in the hands of the jury, and all potential jurors should take their obligations seriously.

garbon

Thankfully (or not...?), I do legitimately dislike police.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2010, 09:02:30 PM
IMO, making deliberately stupid statement to get out of a jury is very unethical.  There are fellow citizens out there whose fate lies in the hands of the jury, and all potential jurors should take their obligations seriously.

Oh yeah, and making me work 2 full time jobs, i.e. jury duty and my original job, is very ethical  :yucky: