Beep, beep
3 (60%)
Jaron
0 (0%)
I like this option
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

garbon

SF has this awful jury duty system where they tell you that you might have to come in one week.  Everyday at 4:30 you can look online to see whether or not you will have to come in the next day. The past few days I've been holding my breath as the webpage loads and then sighing in relief when not picked.  Today, I just got the notice that I need to report at 8:45am tomorrow. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Caliga

I enjoyed jury duty.  I got to argue with bleeding heart fruits, shout them down, and put a drunk nigger in prison.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

I enjoyed my jury duty.  Both lawyers sounded like bad high school debaters.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2009, 06:40:07 PM
SF has this awful jury duty system where they tell you that you might have to come in one week.  Everyday at 4:30 you can look online to see whether or not you will have to come in the next day. The past few days I've been holding my breath as the webpage loads and then sighing in relief when not picked.  Today, I just got the notice that I need to report at 8:45am tomorrow. :(

:w00t:

Remember - the prosecution is always right. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2009, 06:53:39 PM
I enjoyed jury duty.  I got to argue with bleeding heart fruits, shout them down, and put a drunk nigger in prison.  :)

:huh: Fireblade?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on June 16, 2009, 07:07:22 PM
I don't think Fireblade would argue with bleeding heart fruits.

Grey Fox

I'd like to be summoned for jury duty.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

I would undoubtedly be rejected as a juror.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I'm going to claim financial hardship. My company only pays for 5 days.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

There's always the time-tested approach of storming into the jury selection room and demanding to know whether a nigger, a chink, a pollack, or a guinea (or a fag, if you're feeling ironic, G ;) ) set you up for duty. :D
Experience bij!

Caliga

Quote from: Habbaku on June 16, 2009, 07:07:22 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2009, 06:53:39 PM

Nah, in this case it was some HOTT Irish nurse who immediately started with the whole "black people are oppressed" bullshit at the beginning of deliberations.  I'm like "I'm pretty sure oppression doesn't make Jamaicans drive the wrong way down a one way street, hit parked cars, and fail field sobriety tests."  She seemed annoyed.  Then she gave me a ride home and got even more annoyed when I asked her to tell me tales of St. Brendan the Navigator.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

I always get the summons, and then they realize that they never want me.  Not sure if I should feel so rejected, but dammit I get stood up each time.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2009, 07:31:24 PMNah, in this case it was some HOTT Irish nurse who immediately started with the whole "black people are oppressed" bullshit at the beginning of deliberations.  I'm like "I'm pretty sure oppression doesn't make Jamaicans drive the wrong way down a one way street, hit parked cars, and fail field sobriety tests."  She seemed annoyed.  Then she gave me a ride home and got even more annoyed when I asked her to tell me tales of St. Brendan the Navigator.  :blush:

Yeah, I think you missed that I was talking about your gratuitous use of the racial epithet.

-J. R. R. Tolkien