Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on January 08, 2015, 04:10:01 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2015, 03:54:16 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 08, 2015, 02:22:11 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2015, 02:17:22 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 08, 2015, 02:15:21 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 08, 2015, 01:50:49 AM
At the same time, more than half of Germans consider themselves to be tolerant.

Tolerance has its limits.

Indeed, intolerance cannot be tolerated. I don't think being afraid or feeling threatened by muslims after attacks such as this is in any way irrational or prejudiced.

Oh, I tolerate you alright despite you calls for genocide, demanding I kill myself,, and pretentious stupidity.

I don't think I called for genocide. I am angry with Islam. I hate it as a set of ideas. I find it harmful, ridiculous and dumb. And I want to tell that to every Muslim I meet (admittedly I have not personally met any so I may be more civil in person). But I do recognise that we have values and principles, and I don't want to compromise them for a bunch of camel fucking moon worshippers.

I am also scared of Islam and of clerics that say I should be stoned to death.

You have called for genocide against Muslims in the past.  Along with Catholics, Russians, Turks, Gypsies and anyone who makes you mad at any particular moment.  I am not afraid of Islam or Muslims.  There is question here that nobody has asked.  Why does this keep happening in Europe and not in Canada or the US?  No cartoonists have been killed by Muslims in the US.  I don't think this has happened in Canada either.  Why?

Um, we just had a terrorist shooting in Ottawa about three months ago...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

A cartoonist?  I didn't know that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2015, 04:13:18 PM

Um, we just had a terrorist shooting in Ottawa about three months ago...

Well, to be fair, it seems that case had a higher "nut" to "terrorist" ratio.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on January 08, 2015, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2015, 03:54:16 PM

I don't think I called for genocide. I am angry with Islam. I hate it as a set of ideas. I find it harmful, ridiculous and dumb. And I want to tell that to every Muslim I meet (admittedly I have not personally met any so I may be more civil in person). But I do recognise that we have values and principles, and I don't want to compromise them for a bunch of camel fucking moon worshippers.

I am also scared of Islam and of clerics that say I should be stoned to death.

The thing you should not lose sight of is that Muslims, like any peoples, are actually quite variable - a lot depends on such things as class, education, and personal history.

For example, I know a lot of Muslims personally - mostly Iranians. Some of the religious nutters actually running Iran are the most frightening around - they like nothing more than killing gays, and I doubt they like uppity Jews much better.  ;)  However, the ones who came to Canada tend to be the higher-class, more educated ones (often, fleeing Iran for exactly that reason), and that is why I know them - they are likely to be professionals - lawyers and (particularly) doctors. They usually have no problems with gays and uppity Jews, at least, no more than any other mixed group of professionals.

The one family I know best (the daughter is married to my best male friend) is Sufi, and as far as I can tell, it's a pretty liberal form of religion. I never had any problem with the dad, who was pretty religious (he's dead now, I was at his funeral). The daughter isn't religious at all, thinks religion is a crock. 

To hear them tell it, the religious nutters who took over the Iranian revolution derived their power from manipulating the uneducated masses. It is a symptom of poverty and backwardness in a time of political upheaveal - think of what would happen to gays in America, if there was a revolution and right-wing "Tea Party" fundies seized power. To these Iranians, the "authentic Persia" is represented by Persia's high culture and history - not the bozos running the place now.

How close are you to your best male friend? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 08, 2015, 04:15:02 PM

Hey, Raz, you victim-blaming piece of shit, why has the US have muslim terrorists pilot planes into skyscrapers - unlike any other Western nation. Surely you must be doing something wrong, right?

garbon

Quote from: dps on January 08, 2015, 12:46:01 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2015, 11:29:32 PM
Methodist!

And we got a winna!

The one time I was asked for my denomination* that's what I said I was on account of having attended more Methodist services at that point than anything else. :hug:

*at an interfaith prayer vigil for a former catholic priest who was being excommunicated - he considered himself to be something else but the catholic church didn't
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

Hey, Raz, you victim-blaming piece of shit, why has the US have muslim terrorists pilot planes into skyscrapers - unlike any other Western nation. Surely you must be doing something wrong, right?

We have taller buildings.   I simply asked a question. :goodboy:  Though I do note that when I say something you don't like you respond with quite a bit of aggression.  Is that normal?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 08, 2015, 04:24:16 PM

We have taller buildings.   I simply asked a question. :goodboy:  Though I do note that when I say something you don't like you respond with quite a bit of aggression.  Is that normal?

Your question was loaded. Trying to find a reason why these nuts target this rather than that country or group of people is not just futile - it's insulting.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2015, 04:25:29 PM

Your question was loaded. Trying to find a reason for these nuts to target this or that country or group of people is not just futile - it's insulting.

So you are insulted about things I say?  Enough to become aggressive?  To demand that I die?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2015, 04:25:29 PM

Your question was loaded. Trying to find a reason for these nuts to target this or that country or group of people is not just futile - it's insulting.

Of course, your question wasn't hard to answer. We're the Great Satan! :bowler:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Perhaps "Great" as in large? :)

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Because we're the biggest military supporter of Israel, and have a tremendous number of Jews.  Something Poland doesn't, I would suspect.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 08, 2015, 04:29:22 PM
Perhaps "Great" as in large? :)

Venti Satan. 

How could you miss that one?