All things being equal, when it comes to books...

Started by Martinus, May 05, 2015, 12:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

...do you prefer to read

fiction?
12 (48%)
fact?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

I've always been pretty split, and that hasn't really changed much. What has changed though is my tolerance for poor fiction - a lot of stuff I used to think was readable I don't have time for anymore.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

About 50/50, but more in waves than an even split.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Primarily non-fiction, though I've been branching off to novels lately.  I am pretty picky about the novels I deign to read, however.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

For historical stuff I prefer documentaries. To read I prefer fiction.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

Pretty evenly split for me between fact and fiction, and I probably read more fiction lately as it's reading for entertainment. Sometimes I can really go through a good fiction or sci-fi novel fast. Historical fiction is good as it sometimes has a good historical background to the story, so kind of both there fact/fiction.

dps

Quote from: Berkut on May 05, 2015, 09:25:12 AM
I've always been pretty split, and that hasn't really changed much. What has changed though is my tolerance for poor fiction - a lot of stuff I used to think was readable I don't have time for anymore.

Same here, pretty much.