News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Okay, so I had to make some bookings.

I will be in Toronto the weekend of July 18-19, flying out of Pearson around 1pm on Sunday.  I'm hoping some of you folks would like to meet up with me, otherwise I'll just wander the streets of Toronto...

Anyone have ideas for places to stay in Toronto?  The only time I've been I stayed at the Royal York (I think), but since that was on Gowlings tab and now I'm on my own slightly less costly digs are called for.  Or does anyone want to volunteer to put me up?

And any idea on how I can get from London to Toronto?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2009, 01:59:03 PM
Okay, so I had to make some bookings.

I will be in Toronto the weekend of July 18-19, flying out of Pearson around 1pm on Sunday.  I'm hoping some of you folks would like to meet up with me, otherwise I'll just wander the streets of Toronto...

Anyone have ideas for places to stay in Toronto?  The only time I've been I stayed at the Royal York (I think), but since that was on Gowlings tab and now I'm on my own slightly less costly digs are called for.  Or does anyone want to volunteer to put me up?

And any idea on how I can get from London to Toronto?

You can certainly stay with me, if you don't mind a basement room and a loud 3 1/2 year old for company.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on June 16, 2009, 02:26:07 PM
You can certainly stay with me, if you don't mind a basement room and a loud 3 1/2 year old for company.  :D

Wouldn't bother me.  :)

But do you need to check with Mrs. Malthus or anything?

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2009, 02:41:23 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 16, 2009, 02:26:07 PM

Wouldn't bother me.  :)

But do you need to check with Mrs. Malthus or anything?

Yeah I should probably do that. Have to think of just the right wording ...

"Hey honey, I invited some guy I met over the internet to stay for the weekend in our house. Mind if we leave Carl with him?"

Maybe not that.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

"honey, I have an imaginary friend staying with us this weekend. yes, one of those imaginary friends"
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on June 16, 2009, 11:35:50 AM
Yeah, not much to do in London. I think you're past the age of loud drunk college girls...

Poor BB, its the wrong time of year for even that.

saskganesh

18-19 should be fine for sure.

do you like ... walking?
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Capetan Mihali

I'm proud to say I visited London, ON.    :bowler:   BB, there's a great all-you-can-eat fish and chips restaurant somewhere in the downtown area.   Be on the lookout.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on June 16, 2009, 02:47:01 PM
"honey, I have an imaginary friend staying with us this weekend. yes, one of those imaginary friends"

I should also let drop that he's here because of a legal concern with sexual violence, and forget to add he's a prosecutor.  :D

Barrister

Quote from: saskganesh on June 16, 2009, 02:51:32 PM

do you like ... walking?

You should ask the guys from Vancouver last year.  The day after we met up I wound up walking from downtown to UBC.  It didn't look that far on the map...

Barrister

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2009, 04:40:54 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on June 16, 2009, 02:51:32 PM

do you like ... walking?

You should ask the guys from Vancouver last year.  The day after we met up I wound up walking from downtown to UBC.  It didn't look that far on the map...

A true death marcher....

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2009, 04:43:49 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2009, 03:00:46 PM
Where am I driving too?

:w00t:

So you're coming?

I want too, yes. Don't know where I'll crash tho. I'd like to hang out with Carl too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2009, 05:12:09 PM
I'd like to hang out with Carl too.

:o

Reported to the proper authorities! :banned:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.