News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football manager 2015

Started by Josquius, November 15, 2014, 05:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Anyone bought it?
I haven't bought one for a while and am very very tempted. But...was looking at steam and there are so many terrible reviews....
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Inevitably I will. I normally wait till after the January trasfer window when it goes on sale.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Yeah I will get it, just waiting so far.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Same here, I usually wait until it goes on sale in the winter.

Norgy

Bought it.

Pros: It looks good. And once you get used to the changes in the interface, they help.

Cons: May need serious patching. I've been racking up hockey scores. 8-4. 7-2. 6-3.  :huh:  :showoff:

celedhring

Quote from: Norgy on November 21, 2014, 05:37:50 AM
Cons: May need serious patching. I've been racking up hockey scores. 8-4. 7-2. 6-3.  :huh:  :showoff:

That's the other reason why I always defer purchase until later into the season; the game always comes very buggy out of the gate - which is sort of understandable given the ultrashort development cycle.

PDH

Bought it.

Pros: It looks good. And once you get used to the changes in the interface, they help.

Forest kicking some hinder there!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

Bought it.

Yeah, I've read that is a major problem.

One thing I was really hoping for is for them to sort out the match engine and have your players behave in a way that actually looks like a real football game. It seems like they didn't put any effort in there though.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

It's not just that. The ball physics seem a bit odd at times too.

It has evened out with the scores throughout the season. Players who were on fire early on have faded, and struggle.

It's hard to measure FM 15 up against the previous versions, but I am enjoying it a fair bit. Don't like the microtransactions though.

Alcibiades

What Microtransactions does it have?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on November 22, 2014, 06:35:05 AM
Bought it.

Yeah, I've read that is a major problem.

One thing I was really hoping for is for them to sort out the match engine and have your players behave in a way that actually looks like a real football game. It seems like they didn't put any effort in there though.

I always find defenders have been too eager to kick the ball out for a corner in most games.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Norgy

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 22, 2014, 02:00:27 PM
What Microtransactions does it have?

Buying an ingame editor, extra transfer money. You pay for cheats.

Josquius

Well that sucks. I recall the fan-made ingame editor in the previous games was quite useful for fixing incidences where the game was a bit off.
██████
██████
██████