News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nintendo

Started by Josquius, December 19, 2015, 06:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm thinking of buying a wii u.
I have never owned a Nintendo home console while they were new. Only years after they were big did I buy an n64 and snes.
However I am tempted for something new and don't see a reason for a proper new console yet.
What is really interesting me about the wii u isn't it's games (no idea what they are. I'm sure there's something good) but it's backwards compatability with the wii, via  a little playing the gamecube, and it's general homebrew abilities.

Any crazy people bought a wii u?
How about wii and gamecube?- much worth playing?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Buy a Nintendo (New) 3DS (XL possibly) if you haven't yet. Lots of games, even Wii games end up there. First portable Nintendo console with region locking though.  :ultra:

Grey Fox

I have a Wii U. I like it. I am a big fan of nintendo platformers.

The Wii mode is fine, it turns the WiiU into a full blown Wii, it's the same experience.

The Wii U has no gamecube emulation. I don't know if Nintendo of Europe has any GC game on the VC.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

I have a Wii U.  Not crazy about the library- there aren't many Nintendo exclusives on the platform, aside from the Virtual Console digital download stuff (which is starting to pick up some N64 titles, by the way).  On the other hand, some of the ports make pretty good use of the Game Pad, like Arkham City Armored Edition.  Quite a few of the games will also let you switch to a single-screen mode using only the Game Pad, so it's good for people like me who have to share a TV.  As has been mentioned, it completely emulates a Wii (to the point that you have to use Wii controllers instead of the Wii U units), but has no GameCube support, and only a couple of GC titles have been ported to be usable by the Wii U (such as Wind Waker HD).

Long story short, I mostly use it as my all-in-one retro Nintendo console, with occasional rounds of Smash Brothers or Mario Kart 8.
Experience bij!

Josquius

I've read it does have Gamecube support by extension of having Wii support, it just isn't activated by default and you have to hack it a little (which is easy to do).
Haven't investigated too much yet though.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

No where to plug in the controllers tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.