And we're back!

Main Menu

Football manager 2015

Started by Josquius, November 15, 2014, 05:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: The Larch on May 09, 2015, 07:50:30 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 09, 2015, 07:27:53 PM
What does 'run against defenders' do? I've never really used it.

If I get it right it means that your players will try to dribble past defenders rather than cross into the area.

Yeah, it's mostly workable when you have pacy players with skill playing against slow defenders.

"Work ball into box" is prying and keeping possession, looking for that through ball. Often you will see your team almost pitching tents and lighting campfires outside of your opponents' box.

I've never really gotten a simple, direct approach to work in FM.

Warspite

Quote from: Josephus on May 10, 2015, 07:53:22 AM
I thought that's what "work ball into box" does.

Think of "work ball into box" as "Trying to Arsenal it in".
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

My wingers keep swapping sides with each other without my say so :ultra: :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Warspite

Quote from: Tyr on May 17, 2015, 12:59:47 PM
My wingers keep swapping sides with each other without my say so :ultra: :hmm:

Are you playing a fluid system? Are they highly creative players?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Pedrito

The game is -66% on Steam until Jun 8; I've read mixed reviews, what Languish has to say about it?

Yay or Nay? Buy now or wait for FM16?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Norgy

+ upgraded graphics, the matches look more like real football
+ somewhat more interaction with your players
+ match tactics seem to matter

- interaction with players feels stale or just useless
- the same old issue with real club names and badges (like no German national team and HSV just being Hamburg)
- incremental improvement on previous versions

crazy canuck

+ New option to bribe FIFA

- highly unpredictable results. 

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Thanks Norgy, doing well with your formation as leading my team from Norwegian third division up to second my second year in.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Quote from: Norgy on May 09, 2015, 05:04:05 PM

There are no "super tactic" in FM anymore, but I have found that four at the back, with the full-backs in supporting roles, two deep midfielders where one is on on ball-winning duty and the other is a deep-lying playmaker, two wide players on the wings and a trequartista and a poacher make for some rather liquid, flowing attacking play.

Instructions:
Control
Flexible

Short passes
Run against defenders
Low crosses
Work ball into the box

Exploit the flanks
Look for overlap

More pressing
Push higher up
More closing down

At the back, use tight marking and preferably man-marking between the two in central defence. (Set in individual instructions)

And spend time setting up your set-piece instructions.

I am still at loss with coping with a team just sitting back, though.

Saw this thread and piqued my interesting in FM again, haven't played it since the fall probably and I'm still playing FM 14 for the record.

To preface, I don't know a lot about soccer/football but I really enjoy it.  That being said, I'm doing fairly well with Everton, currently it is 2019 and I've managed to get into 3rd place in the Premier league and made it to the semi-finals in the Champions cup.

I am currently running a 4-2-1-2 :

Any advice for setting up Set pieces like you said earlier?   How do I make them better in their roles (Advanced forward, playermaker, etc.) ?

Any advice to any of my instructions?  I'm a fan of the offense as you can see but my young defenders are superb. 

Seems to be working for the most part but any advice is very welcome, thanks! 

Edit:  Finances roll-up - 

Lot of money to spend as well, but I have a very young team already.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Josquius

Set pieces suck. Even the best free kick takers in the world rarerly score.

I find it's good at a high level at least to have midfield all as playmakers
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

That's very well done, Alci.

After discovering "Susi's Real Name Fixes", I started a new game as Portsmouth in the fourth tier in England. At Christmas we have yet to lose in the league, but got promptly beaten in the League Cup and that useless trophy cup.

I have a team of lower league journeymen with some youth prospects thrown in. If we don't get promoted, I will eat my monitor. With no hot sauce.

katmai

Alci,
I've had decent success with aiming for 6yd box.
Have my two best headers on either end of posts, my forwards challenging goalkeeper and attacking from outside and then two midfielders go forward.

My team won its division by 7pts and is now gearing up for first year in Norwegian first division. Gonna be tough as limited scouting range and anybody who my scouts found that were decent refused to even think about signing with my team. :lol: :cry:

Alcibiades

Quote from: Norgy on June 27, 2015, 05:02:46 AM
That's very well done, Alci.

After discovering "Susi's Real Name Fixes", I started a new game as Portsmouth in the fourth tier in England. At Christmas we have yet to lose in the league, but got promptly beaten in the League Cup and that useless trophy cup.

I have a team of lower league journeymen with some youth prospects thrown in. If we don't get promoted, I will eat my monitor. With no hot sauce.

Cool, just added that name fix as well, thanks :)

And I'm just wondering if you guys see anything I could improve.  I'll take a look at 6yd box.

Any advice on getting my players better at roles?   Im really disappointed with one of my strykers, was a 2 ability 5 potential at 18, had pretty good stats and i needed a striker so i plopped him on my team and he subbed and started often, kept his training regime heavy, and had him getting mentored by my best players which was successful.

He's now 21 and and 3 ability 3 potential   <_<

Training regimes?  Any tips on that?  I usually do Fitness very heavy for the first week weeks of the season and then depending how packed it is heavy on attacking or defending.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Was  the 2 star ability/5 potential just because of your scout not having high judging stats?

I've just started so can't say it works brilliantly yet, but training my youngsters (under 19)in physical stats till they are all at 10 or higher and then focusing on other areas.
Since following Norgy's advice for a formation i've been making sure to work on the abilities that fit the positions in that formation.