News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ice Bucket Challenge

Started by Barrister, August 13, 2014, 04:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 26, 2014, 02:16:18 PM
Won't you find it rather limiting that she only has two of them?

:mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Derspiess doesnt get young people.  Or Africans.

Martinus

I wish people just stopped finding phoney reasons why they don't give a rat's ass about being goaded by a silly campaign to donate to a charity for a disease noone they know will likely ever get.  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on August 23, 2014, 07:05:22 AM
I'm getting tired of seeing these things nonstop in my Facebook feed, especially from people who I know have no intention of making a donation and are just attention whoring. :rolleyes:

I just find the whole premise silly. If you actively donate to charities left and right, and were looking for a new forthy cause; or if you or your loved one is or was an ALS sufferer, then sure be my guest and donate. But if you do not normally donate to charities, and now you decide to support what is, ultimately, a very rare disease, while ignoring all the other worthier causes, only because a bunch of fools put ice water on their heads, then you are a moron.

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on August 26, 2014, 02:13:26 PM
Digits? I can have some me time on her tits.

Clear your schedule, cuz they are kinda big.

Careful, though.  She's a fiery Latina with a Peruvian dad and an Argentine mom.  Plus she's a tall girl.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2014, 03:34:53 PM

Careful, though.  She's a fiery Latina with a Peruvian dad and an Argentine mom.  Plus she's a tall girl.
pics plz
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on August 26, 2014, 03:32:16 PM
I just find the whole premise silly. If you actively donate to charities left and right, and were looking for a new forthy cause; or if you or your loved one is or was an ALS sufferer, then sure be my guest and donate. But if you do not normally donate to charities, and now you decide to support what is, ultimately, a very rare disease, while ignoring all the other worthier causes, only because a bunch of fools put ice water on their heads, then you are a moron.
Yeah, the thing is, I support several charities but don't feel the need to attention whore about it.  I doubt that anyone of my RL friends even know that I do it.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2014, 03:37:32 PM

pics plz

:yes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Yep.  Tall + Latina + fiery + huge cans?  I'm there dude. :cool:

CountDeMoney

Tall + Latina + fiery + huge cans /= Peace and Quiet

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on August 26, 2014, 03:32:16 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 23, 2014, 07:05:22 AM
I'm getting tired of seeing these things nonstop in my Facebook feed, especially from people who I know have no intention of making a donation and are just attention whoring. :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone suffering from ALS that is helped by the foundation really cares.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2014, 03:37:32 PM

pics plz

+1
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Plus it's kind of fun to be challenged, do the bucket thing and then challenge your friends. And knowing that it annoys Marty is a funness multiplier.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I bet Marty could get lots of donations if he offered to do the fire challenge.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

If I don't hear about the ice bucket challenge in any form, on TV, on my FB feed, in the paper in the next 24 hours...I'll donate to the ALS
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011