News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ice Bucket Challenge

Started by Barrister, August 13, 2014, 04:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I don't get it, but it's all over the Net.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Apparently it has actually raised them a lot of money by just getting more awareness of ALS out there. So party on I guess.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Apparently it cures Lou Gehrig's Disease or something.  My brother got challenged, so I guess he's gonna do it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

I challenge all of Languish to do the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Ed Anger

Tim needs a bucket of car batteries dropped on him
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

That's only like one car battery.

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 13, 2014, 06:39:20 PM
That's only like one car battery.

He meant the bucket in a dragline excavator.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Capetan Mihali

I was just reading about the mayors of Holyoke and Springfield, Mass. being challenged to do it.  I think one refused and the other used a bucket 1/3 full of tap water. :mellow:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Monoriu

Quote from: Phillip V on August 13, 2014, 05:26:43 PM

I hereby choose to donate the US$100 to the Mono retirement fund :contract:

Caliga

A couple of chicks with nice boobs that I know have participated, so I'm a big fan.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on August 13, 2014, 05:26:43 PM

I challenge Phil to do the Indian ghost pepper challenge, the cinnamon challenge and play the knife game, all at once.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

This seems kinda stupid; just quietly donate some more money to your favourite charities instead?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

You'd never catch me doing anything ridiculous for charity :unsure:

Maladict