News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ice Bucket Challenge

Started by Barrister, August 13, 2014, 04:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2014, 05:34:34 AM
This seems kinda stupid; just quietly donate some more money to your favourite charities instead?

But the charity in question has noted that since this started they've seen a huge uptick in donations.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Brazen on August 14, 2014, 06:49:41 AM
You'd never catch me doing anything ridiculous for charity :unsure:

Putting on short shorts and running from an arbitrarily-designated Point A to an arbitrarily-designated Point B doesn't qualify? :D
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 14, 2014, 07:17:26 AM
Quote from: Brazen on August 14, 2014, 06:49:41 AM
You'd never catch me doing anything ridiculous for charity :unsure:

Putting on short shorts and running from an arbitrarily-designated Point A to an arbitrarily-designated Point B doesn't qualify? :D

She was joking given what she is doing today. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

sbr

Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2014, 05:34:34 AM
This seems kinda stupid; just quietly donate some more money to your favourite charities instead?

If the famous and high-profile people just quietly donated some money, the charity would get a nice little bump in donations.

With the famous and high-profile people doing something silly and public (along with their donation), the charity has seen an enormous increase in donations.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2014, 07:43:21 AM
TBR Sanctity!!!!!!

Oh, hush.  Brazen's talked about her running out here in nullSec (mostly in the fitness thread, IIRC).
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2014, 04:56:50 PM
Apparently it cures Lou Gehrig's Disease or something.

It's Cal Ripken Jr's Disease now, thank you very much.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2014, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2014, 04:56:50 PM
Apparently it cures Lou Gehrig's Disease or something.

It's Cal Ripken Jr's Disease now, thank you very much.

I thought that was baldness.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Lol
That's Billy Ripken Disease.

And the propensity to get shitfaced with Earl Weaver and piss on a state trooper's cruiser during the sobriety test? Cal Ripken Sr Disease.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Wait, it's just a bucket of ice water over your head?  That's weak as shit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)