And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2014, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 22, 2014, 07:25:39 PM

To be fair there are a lot of soccer hipsters in the US who suddenly started following the sport in the past couple years.

True, but I used to watch "Soccer Made in Germany" on PBS in the 1970s.

Stop being old.  :mad:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2014, 07:26:33 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2014, 07:18:55 PM
I give one thing to Ed: it is funny how you Americans come out of the woodwork when there is a World Cup and think you know a single thing about football.  :P

You know what Beetlejuice?  It's not that complicated a game.

Indeed, you don't need in depth tactical knowledge for a game like this.

Ronaldo = evil, USA = brave underdogs.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: DGuller on June 22, 2014, 07:23:04 PM
When I was watching that comically slow substitution, I pictured in my mind the ref saying "fuck you, I'll add another minute just for that".  How ironic that it proved to be the difference.

Stop complaining, I have seen yellow cards for substitutions faster than that one. Bata(rd) anyone?  :contract:

Liep

Your references continue to elude me.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 22, 2014, 07:29:19 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2014, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 22, 2014, 07:25:39 PM

To be fair there are a lot of soccer hipsters in the US who suddenly started following the sport in the past couple years.

True, but I used to watch "Soccer Made in Germany" on PBS in the 1970s.

Stop being old.  :mad:

:(  But I AM old.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2014, 07:29:51 PM

Well, now the US is going to be driving straight into Casserine Pass next game.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2014, 07:30:33 PM

Sorry, Footix.

Ed Anger

I watched soccer a couple of years ago to keep my mind occupied while sitting in hospital rooms. Andy Carroll's jackassery kept me sane.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2014, 07:30:09 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 22, 2014, 07:23:04 PM
When I was watching that comically slow substitution, I pictured in my mind the ref saying "fuck you, I'll add another minute just for that".  How ironic that it proved to be the difference.

Stop complaining, I have seen yellow cards for substitutions faster than that one. Bata(rd) anyone?  :contract:
I'm not complaining, I think US deserved that extra minute, that was over the top.  I also think that these kinds of delaying tactics against a determined team are counter-productive, as they put you in the wrong mindset.

Liep

Admiral Yi

The first one was a reference to the infamous Germany-Austria draw in 82 to keep Algeria from advancing.  :smarty:

Valmy

Two gut punches in two days.  Sports is a cruel mistress.

Now the USA needs to tie the Germans right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2014, 07:33:36 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2014, 07:29:51 PM

Well, now the US is going to be driving straight into Casserine Pass next game.

I have a feeling this is what is going to happen. :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2014, 07:40:08 PM

The first one was a reference to the infamous Germany-Austria draw in 82 to keep Algeria from advancing.  :smarty:

Ah, I was referring to the more modern 2-2 tie between Sweden and Denmark to keep Italy from advancing in the 2004 EC. A choice I made solely to annoy Pedrito.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive