News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Dammit, I wanted a clean win or clean loss.  Stupid draws.

alfred russel

Even if we lose to Germany, we will advance with a tie between Ghana and Portugal. If either of the teams wins, the first tie break is goal differential, and we are current +5 on Portugal. It might get close between the US and Ghana if Ghana wins.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

Fuck Portugual.  Five minutes of penalty time my ass.  Ronaldo is now shit forever.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2014, 07:02:35 PM
WHAT THE FUCK JUSTIFIED 5 MINUTES STOPPAGE TIME ANYWAYS?!!!!

The ref changed it from 4 to 5 while the 4th ref was preparing to hold up the sign because of an extra slow substitution. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Ronaldo saves my pool pick for this match.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: alfred russel on June 22, 2014, 07:04:17 PM
Even if we lose to Germany, we will advance with a tie between Ghana and Portugal. If either of the teams wins, the first tie break is goal differential, and we are current +5 on Portugal. It might get close between the US and Ghana if Ghana wins.

Both Germany and USA will advance with a tie, Germany as first. Ideal situation for both? It can happen, ask Italy. :secret:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

Yet another miracle happened.  The best scenario - Germany and Portugal advancing - may still happen. 

PDH

I now officially hate Portugal.  Sorry, Duque.  5 minutes my ass.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2014, 07:07:42 PM

Both Germany and USA will advance with a tie, Germany as first. Ideal situation for both? It can happen, ask Italy. :secret:

Jurgen Klinsmann's masterplan is slowly coming to fruition.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: Monoriu on June 22, 2014, 07:07:52 PM
Yet another miracle happened.  The best scenario - Germany and Portugal advancing - may still happen. 
Wait, you rate your status quo above watching Ronaldo fail? Wtf is wrong with you, man.

PDH

Quote from: Monoriu on June 22, 2014, 07:07:52 PM

Fuck you Mono.  Fuck you and your "status quo must win" always.  Fuck you and your fucking fuckity fuck fucking rules of established futbol.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

alfred russel

Germany may decide to just try to butt rape us.

Really, with their goal differential, unless they have a total meltdown of historic proportions, or if Ghana puts on an epic display against Portugal, they are basically qualified already.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2014, 07:08:49 PM
I now officially hate Portugal.  Sorry, Duque.  5 minutes my ass.

Relax!
:console: :secret: The US is still in a better position. :)

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Both Germany and Austria USA will advance with a tie, Germany as first. Ideal situation for both? It can happen, ask Algeria. :secret:

Fixed!
Gijon anyone?