Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2014, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2014, 07:30:33 PM
Your references continue to elude me.

The first one was a reference to the infamous Germany-Austria draw in 82 to keep Algeria from advancing.  :smarty:

Yi is improving!  :thumbsup:

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2014, 07:02:09 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2014, 07:00:12 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2014, 06:57:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ed enjoys porkchop goals?  :blink:

Ed sick of idiot bandwagoning Americans who didn't have the time of day for this until they won a game and idiot news coverage.

Sounds like the same reason Ed hates Ohio State Basketball.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2014, 07:41:35 PM
Now the USA needs to tie the Germans right?

They can advance even if they lose, but it then depends on the other game and by how much they lose.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2014, 07:44:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2014, 07:02:09 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2014, 07:00:12 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2014, 06:57:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ed enjoys porkchop goals?  :blink:

Ed sick of idiot bandwagoning Americans who didn't have the time of day for this until they won a game and idiot news coverage.

Sounds like the same reason Ed hates Ohio State Basketball.

ED LIKED BOBBY KNIGHT BETTER
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Two gut punches in two days.  Sports is a cruel mistress.

That would wrap it up. As would a Ghana Portugal draw.

Remember how you didn't understand why we wanted Ghana to lose to Germany? The easiest way for the US to not make the cut is if we lose to Germany and Ghana wins (that would put us in a tiebreak with Ghana, which we might win, might not--it would be close). Had Ghana lost to Germany, they would be eliminated.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

another great WC14 game. Well done. CONCACAF does us proud.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

This is a bullshit sport, and everybody's bleachers need to collapse from Leeds hooligans.

Josephus

Notice how the Portuguese didn't really celebrate that tying goal. They know it really means nothing to them, they really needed to win. It can really screw the Americans though.

dps

Quote from: DGuller on June 22, 2014, 07:36:54 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2014, 07:30:09 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 22, 2014, 07:23:04 PM
When I was watching that comically slow substitution, I pictured in my mind the ref saying "fuck you, I'll add another minute just for that".  How ironic that it proved to be the difference.

Stop complaining, I have seen yellow cards for substitutions faster than that one. Bata(rd) anyone?  :contract:
I'm not complaining, I think US deserved that extra minute, that was over the top.  I also think that these kinds of delaying tactics against a determined team are counter-productive, as they put you in the wrong mindset.

Yeah, I think we caught a couple of breaks in the match, to be honest.  It just sucked that the equalizer came at almost the very last second.

At least I can take consolation that the draw means I picked up 3 points today in the Languish pool.

FunkMonk

To be honest if either us or Ghana go through then I'd be happy. Of course I want the USA to qualify first but Ghana are just great to watch too.

Germany, USA/Ghana ok. Portugal however, are shit and do NOT deserve to qualify.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

To be fair I didn't see Portugal flopping much. :cheers:

And I thought the game was pretty clean on both sides. :cheers:

A lot of bitching about calls by Ronald McDonald though. :thumbsdown:

Has he always plucked his eyebrows? :thumbsdown:

Josquius

In the Iran game the commentator mentioned that the Iranian players tend to be known by their Christian names :lol:
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on June 22, 2014, 07:45:46 PM
Two gut punches in two days.  Sports is a cruel mistress.

That would wrap it up. As would a Ghana Portugal draw.

Remember how you didn't understand why we wanted Ghana to lose to Germany? The easiest way for the US to not make the cut is if we lose to Germany and Ghana wins (that would put us in a tiebreak with Ghana, which we might win, might not--it would be close). Had Ghana lost to Germany, they would be eliminated.

Sorry Valmy for the snide remark, I thought you were Yi for some reason.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Guess the US should root for Portugal to beat Ghana now.  :yuk:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point