News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Naní's has made a lot of basic mistakes after his goal. Not being able to trap an easy pass, for instance.

Admiral Yi

Much better performance by the US than against Ghana.  Except for the air ball.

If the US goes out playing like this, I can live with it.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Norgy on June 22, 2014, 05:52:56 PM
Naní's has made a lot of basic mistakes after his goal. Not being able to trap an easy pass, for instance.

Nani is past it and it's obvious to see why Moyes never played him.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2014, 05:56:37 PM
Much better performance by the US than against Ghana.  Except for the air ball.

If the US goes out playing like this, I can live with it.

Me too. As long as they're playing good soccer I can live with them getting dumped out of the group stage.

But I'm a purist.  :D

Norgy

He's 27. Kind of never made it to the level he should be. He'll en up somewhere else soon, probably in a south European league.

I thought the US did well, but lack that end product you do need to win games. The Portuguese team is beatable, without a doubt.
Howard's save - brilliant.

FunkMonk

:o I didn't realize he was only 27.  :lol:

Ghana should beat this Portugal team.

Klinsmann's half time talk: http://youtu.be/ZEbN6Vnr1g8

alfred russel

Maybe I'm biased, but I'm surprised at the stats. At thought the US had the better of it (aside from one disasterous misplay), but possession was about 50-50, shots were 9-9, and shots on goal were 5-2 Portuguese.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Norgy

Stats are misleading for analysing a game properly. Really.

If you get a shot in from 30 meters out and it's saved, its's a shot on goal. If you miss a sitter from 5 meters, it's a shot off goal.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Holy shit what a kick.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Jermaine Jones scored a goal! :o :o :o :o

PDH

YES!  Thank god for US servicemen bedding German women.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

That goal was as glorious as a giant bald eagle soaring over Mount Rushmoore with George Washington on its back waving an American flag while shooting a second amendment protected fire arm off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

I liked the shot of Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman looking extremely nervous.

HVC

Why must all my teams fail me.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.