And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2014, 09:56:34 PM
Guess the US should root for Portugal to beat Ghana now.  :yuk:

No, actually the ideal result for us would be for Portugal and Ghana to draw.  That would put us through, regardless of the result of our match with Germany.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2014, 08:36:47 PM
In the Iran game the commentator mentioned that the Iranian players tend to be known by their Christian names :lol:

Only works for the Armenian-Iranian player of the squad.  :contract: Where's Queequeg when his Armenian knowledge is actually needed?

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2014, 08:36:47 PM
In the Iran game the commentator mentioned that the Iranian players tend to be known by their Christian names :lol:

yeah I loved that.  :lol:

Tamas

Alright people, as my track record with the bets, AND my position on the Languish leaderboard shows, your ass really need the direction I can provide in this chaotic world of international football.

So here you go for today:

Australia-Spain: who the fuck cares
Dutch will win
Brazil will win both halfs
Mexio will edge out Croatia

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2014, 04:20:13 AM
Dutch will win

:(

Doesn't really matter though. Brazil get to pick who they will play, not Chile or Holland.
Thanks FIFA  <_<

Tamas

Grey Fox

Alright people, as my track record with the bets, AND my position on the Languish leaderboard shows, your ass really need the direction I can provide in this chaotic world of international football.

Dutch will win

Everyone cares, the Socceroos are an exciting team to watch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

I was in a random burger place in suburbian Alabama  yesterday evening when the game was shown. They had it on their screens and most of customers actually watched it. Reactions were much more subdued than elsewhere in the world. No wild jumping around when scoring or swearing when conceding a goal.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zanza on June 23, 2014, 06:03:29 AM
I was in a random burger place in suburbian Alabama  yesterday evening when the game was shown. They had it on their screens and most of customers actually watched it. Reactions were much more subdued than elsewhere in the world. No wild jumping around when scoring or swearing when conceding a goal.

Roll Tide.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 23, 2014, 06:02:01 AM

Dutch will win

Everyone cares, the Socceroos are an exciting team to watch.

Screw it, I put a pound on Australia winning. Spain deserves a break.

Norgy

The Curse of Tamas vs The Blessing of Valmy.  :ph34r:

lustindarkness

Quote from: Zanza on June 23, 2014, 06:03:29 AM
And not even a pm.  <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tamas

Quote from: Norgy on June 23, 2014, 06:35:21 AM
The Curse of Tamas vs The Blessing of Valmy.  :ph34r:

Clash of Giants!

mongers

Biggest ever world cup upset possible?

If Croatia and Mexico draw, Cameroon can can knockout Brazil by winning! :gasp:

Though I think that would need Tamasian levels of support for Brazil for it to happen.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"