News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

This is why I love this game. Such high hopes and then such a cruel ending.  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2014, 07:12:21 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2014, 07:08:49 PM
I now officially hate Portugal.  Sorry, Duque.  5 minutes my ass.

Relax!
:console: :secret: The US is still in a better position. :)

(oh I know, but such a cruel ending - see post above)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Scipio

It's like God is directing a badly-written fooseball movie.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tamas

I give one thing to Ed: it is funny how you Americans come out of the woodwork when there is a World Cup and think you know a single thing about football.  :P

PDH

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2014, 07:18:55 PM
I give one thing to Ed: it is funny how you Americans come out of the woodwork when there is a World Cup and think you know a single thing about football.  :P

Bah, I have been following soccer since 1990.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

When I was watching that comically slow substitution, I pictured in my mind the ref saying "fuck you, I'll add another minute just for that".  How ironic that it proved to be the difference.

alfred russel

I don't think I've watched a full game since the last world cup. However, I'm also well ahead of you in the languish pool.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maladict

Glad this was the last midnight game. This stuff is killing me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2014, 07:15:40 PM

Relax!

Besides, Beckerman could have gotten a red card for the elbowing early in the game, so stop blaming the referee.

PDH

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 22, 2014, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2014, 07:15:40 PM

Relax!

Besides, Beckerman could have gotten a red card for the elbowing early in the game, so stop blaming the referee.

I'll blame the ref when it hurts my national team, like any good fan!
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Maladict

Quote from: alfred russel on June 22, 2014, 07:23:36 PM

I don't think I've watched a full game since the last world cup. However, I'm also well ahead of you in the languish pool.  :P

Everybody is :contract:

FunkMonk

Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2014, 07:22:25 PM

Bah, I have been following soccer since 1990.

To be fair there are a lot of soccer hipsters in the US who suddenly started following the sport in the past couple years.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

You know what Beetlejuice?  It's not that complicated a game.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 22, 2014, 07:23:48 PM
Glad this was the last midnight game. This stuff is killing me.

Specially, these crappy 0-0s starting at midnight.  :yuk:

PDH

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 22, 2014, 07:25:39 PM

To be fair there are a lot of soccer hipsters in the US who suddenly started following the sport in the past couple years.

True, but I used to watch "Soccer Made in Germany" on PBS in the 1970s.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM