News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2014, 08:56:15 PM
Eh just send TCU over there.  They are the newbies.

Yeah, but someone else would have to go too.  I volunteer Kansas State for the honor. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 08, 2014, 09:06:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2014, 08:56:15 PM
Eh just send TCU over there.  They are the newbies.

Yeah, but someone else would have to go too.  I volunteer Kansas State for the honor. 

No they wouldn't.

Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor

That's seven.  I mean I just presumed Iowa State would go east being the most easterly school.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Keep Iowa State, send the purple menace. 

Seriously though, that division needs good teams, not Iowa State.  Granted, Bill Snyder won't be there forever, but Iowa State doesn't really add anything except a doormat. The Wildcats can stay respectable to good with a solid coaching hire after Snyder is gone.  They're no slouch in basketball either.

E:  They'll probably hire a shitty coach and go back into the toilet though.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 08, 2014, 12:16:11 PM
Oh cool.  More realignment talk. 

Here's my idea:  B12 to 14 teams (they hold the trademark on Big 14, so that becomes the name).  Add Cincy, ECU, UCF, USF.  Split the divisions East/West. 

Done.

WVU has some nearby teams, and now there are trips to both Florida and Texas for recruiting.   :)

BYU is independent. All those other schools are inferior academically and athletically, not just to BYU but also the Big 12 membership.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on December 09, 2014, 08:19:50 PM
BYU is independent. All those other schools are inferior academically and athletically, not just to BYU but also the Big 12 membership.

BYU basically told the Big 12 to F off unless they fulfilled a list of demands.  So, you know, probably a non-starter.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2014, 08:21:34 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 09, 2014, 08:19:50 PM

BYU basically told the Big 12 to F off unless they fulfilled a list of demands.  So, you know, probably a non-starter.

The world has changed since then. I'd be shocked if they turned down the Big 12 now.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

sbr

The Big-12 can petition the NCAA to allow them to have a championship game with only 10 teams, and I can't imagine the NCAA refusing that at this point.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 09, 2014, 08:25:53 PM
The Big-12 can petition the NCAA to allow them to have a championship game with only 10 teams, and I can't imagine the NCAA refusing that at this point.

I think this is what they will do, as stupid as that is.  God I hate championship games.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on December 09, 2014, 08:23:56 PM
The world has changed since then. I'd be shocked if they turned down the Big 12 now.

Mormons haven't changed since then.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 09, 2014, 08:27:33 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 09, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

Mormons haven't changed since then.

Yep their demands are all related to their Mormonism.

alfred russel

MadBurgerMaker

Do they still not do anything on Sundays?  No?  Fuck them.  Besides, WVU needs nearby partners.  Bowlsby is mildly retarded though, so maybe they'll get an invite!

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 09, 2014, 08:41:44 PM
Do they still not do anything on Sundays?  No?  Fuck them.  Besides, WVU needs nearby partners.  Bowlsby is mildly retarded though, so maybe they'll get an invite!

Yeah going East makes some amount of sense.  Though I have never heard our Hook'em brothers at USF mentioned as a possibility.

MadBurgerMaker

I haven't either, tbh, except in my little ideas that have no weight at all.

PDH

The answer is simple.  Add Wyoming and some other loser team out east and roll in all the added media bucks of having the nation's smallest population state as part of the coverage zone!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM