NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2014, 12:49:54 PM
Teehee

Twas the right decision.  I'm just glad you have to deal with Alabama first.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 07, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
Twas the right decision. 

For TV ratings and merchandise, yeah.

Scipio

My cousin is the equipment manager for TCU, just started this year. And his Horned Frogs are playing the Rebels in Acklanna. New Year's Eve. Sigh. And I can't go.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Berkut

I thought Arizona was potentially going to drop out of a New Years Day Bowl. Cool.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Well, I had my fun on the Internet today.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Needless to say I am pretty bummed.  I thought it was guaranteed the league get at least one team in there.  Ah well.  Now there will be all this pressure on the Big 12 to do some stupid shit and get back that  boring shitty title game.  Why does everybody like those horrible things?

Anyway now TCU gets matched up with the 5th place SEC team and Baylor gets the third place Big 10 team.  I mean that is just fucking ridiculous.  How petty and absurd is this?

Ah well time to look forward to Texas' riveting and exciting matchup with the 12th place SEC team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 06, 2014, 11:51:52 PM
Quote from: Scipio on December 06, 2014, 11:42:10 PM
Okay. I hate FSU and OSU. But seriously, WTF? Why does fooseball suddenly care about criminality and violence?

Were there any justice in the world, FSU, Bama, OSU, and TCU would be the top 4, in order, without doubt.

wtf why TCU?

Because their only loss was to a top 5 team on the road?  Granted Oregon's loss to Arizona looks better now than it did at the time.  Ohio State's on the other hand...don't get that one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2014, 10:29:14 PMNeedless to say I am pretty bummed.

Yes, total bummer that teams in direct competition for recruits with Texas don't get a chance to look good in the first ever playoff. 

Art Briles can suck it.  So can the Toads.

E:  Texas vs the pigs in the Texas Bowl, btw. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 07, 2014, 11:00:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2014, 10:29:14 PMNeedless to say I am pretty bummed.

Yes, total bummer that teams in direct competition for recruits with Texas don't get a chance to look amazing in the first ever playoff.

Pffft those teams are not in direct competition for recruits.  The teams that ARE in direct competition for recruits can, however, say that if those recruits go to Texas they will be playing in a subpar league.

Eddie Teach

If you just compare the teams' worst performances, sure TCU comes out ahead. But compare their top performances and OSU's Big 10 championship game win comes out on top.

It's a lot harder seeing a clear winner when looking at all 12 or 13 games they played, but that's how they should be doing it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2014, 11:02:06 PM
Pffft those teams are not in direct competition for recruits. 

Don't kid yourself.  They absolutely are.  Raising their profiles by getting into bigtime games, and good god possibly winning them, helps TCU or Baylor, not Texas.

QuoteThe teams that ARE in direct competition for recruits can, however, say that if those recruits go to Texas they will be playing in a subpar league.

Is this where the Horns recruiter then tells them they play for a school, not a league?  Conference cheerleading is for losers.  The conference is way more fun with schools like WVU in there, but I'm not going to pretend to cheer for them like some dork from A&M with his SEC tshirt.  Well, unless they're playing OU, because OU deserves to lose every game.

E:  Speaking of A&M, they'll be playing WVU.  OU pulled Clemson after their hilarious loss to the Pokes.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2014, 11:03:50 PM
But compare their top performances and OSU's Big 10 championship game win comes out on top.

TCU just blew out two teams who were top ten at the time.  Granted OU kind of sucks now.  They also blew out Minnesota.  Who in the other top 5 conferences did Ohio State beat?  Nobody?  That's right.  So I don't see why OSU comes out on top and I certainly do not see why they come out on top by a huge decisive margin enough to overcome such a huge difference in their worst performance.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 07, 2014, 11:04:01 PM
Don't kid yourself.  They absolutely are.  Raising their profiles by getting into bigtime games, and good god possibly winning them, helps TCU or Baylor, not Texas.

Don't think so.  Those guys recruit for systems.  We easily are going to have a higher ranked recruiting class than they are.  If they ever do dump this tactic and try to get five star guys they will collapse like Baylor did in the early 90s when they tried that.

QuoteIs this where the Horns recruiter then tells them they play for a school, not a league?  Conference cheerleading is for losers.  The conference is way more fun with schools like WVU in there, but I'm not going to pretend to cheer for them like some dork from A&M with his SEC tshirt.  Well, unless they're playing OU, because OU deserves to lose every game.

That's nice.  But the conference does impact us.  If nobody cares about our opponents nobody is going to tune in to see us.  Interest and recruits and so forth will suffer.

QuoteE:  Speaking of A&M, they'll be playing WVU.  OU pulled Clemson after their hilarious loss to the Pokes.

If only they could have done that last year.  Stupid OU.