News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

You should watch FSU-GT.  It's like the Eastern Front.  FSU blitzkrieg versus GT attrition.  Rinse, repeat.

Ed Anger

I'm flipping the channels now and then.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2014, 09:00:35 PM
Gus Johnson is rapidly getting on my last nerve.

I'll take 4 Gus Johnsons over that fucking Tim Brando that did the Ducks game last night.

Did you catch his  "He's the leading thievery...guy ... on the team" after Darden made the pick last night?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on December 06, 2014, 10:04:23 AM
Congrats sbr.

I had a bit of a suspicion that Arizona was due to get creamed. Very dissapointed at how poorly the offensive line played though.

Thanks. 

As I have said the first Arizona/Oregon game was not a fluke, Arizona was the better team that night.  Going into last night I thought Oregon was the better team, and by a bit.  The 10-14 point game that most everyone, including Vegas, was talking about sounded about right, but I wouldn't have been shocked if Arizona won it.  I had no thought that it would turn out the way it did, mostly because I didn't see that defensive performance coming.  I know their defense has been making strides all year, which is to be expected with a new DC but that was ridiculous.

You mentioned RichRod being outcoached last night, but I'm not entirely sure what else he could have done.  The Arizona O-line couldn't block the Oregon D-line.  The freshman QB made some bad reads but nothing that would have changed the outcome significantly that I can remember.  Once Oregon's offense got their collective heads out of their asses and put up a couple of touchdowns Arizona was way too one dimensional with QBs that just couldn't seem to make the plays.

EDIT:  Thought RichROd was WAY too conservative on some early third and longs, not even trying to convert them.  You can't do that against Oregon because they are probably going to get on track at some point.   Though the last 2 years showed that Arizona could stop Oregon as well as anyone else out there has.

sbr

This guy is Ohio State's 3rd QB!!??  :lol: 

Dude could start for most D-1 programs tomorrow.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on December 06, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

You get what you pay for.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on December 06, 2014, 09:35:53 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 06, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

You get what you pay for.

U jelly

MadImmortalMan

Okay that targeting foul was bs. It was totally incidental.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

I agree that targeting was unfortunate.

Ed Anger

Rasputin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2014, 10:24:56 AM
I wonder if FSU's luck finally runs out against an option offense they're not used to seeing.  The Seminoles have been winning by the skin of their chinny-chin-chins all season long, they're due to run out of luck.

At 29 in a row, it might be more than luck

Who is John Galt?

Scipio

Okay. I hate FSU and OSU. But seriously, WTF? Why does fooseball suddenly care about criminality and violence?

Were there any justice in the world, FSU, Bama, OSU, and TCU would be the top 4, in order, without doubt.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Rasputin on December 06, 2014, 11:39:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2014, 10:24:56 AM
I wonder if FSU's luck finally runs out against an option offense they're not used to seeing.  The Seminoles have been winning by the skin of their chinny-chin-chins all season long, they're due to run out of luck.

At 29 in a row, it might be more than luck

They certainly took their time, however.  :lol:  But it was going to be tough for GT to maintain those long early drives in the option against a strike-fast offense, and once you can no longer match TD for TD, you know it's over; it's not like GT can go trips right.

Great game, though.

sbr

Quote from: Scipio on December 06, 2014, 11:42:10 PM
Okay. I hate FSU and OSU. But seriously, WTF? Why does fooseball suddenly care about criminality and violence?

Were there any justice in the world, FSU, Bama, OSU, and TCU would be the top 4, in order, without doubt.

wtf why TCU?