News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2014, 11:13:55 PM
Don't think so.  Those guys recruit for systems.  We easily are going to have a higher ranked recruiting class than they are.  If they ever do dump this tactic and try to get five star guys they will collapse like Baylor did in the early 90s when they tried that.

You can not think so all you want, but that doesn't make it true.  Baylor has at least four commits (I only looked at the 4* guys) coming next year that Texas was interested in.  TCU is still catching up, but they look to have a similar number.  You don't think Strong could use some of those WRs, DBs, and that Baylor QB?  Really?

QuoteThat's nice.  But the conference does impact us.  If nobody cares about our opponents nobody is going to tune in to see us.  Interest and recruits and so forth will suffer.

Texas needs to win to get eyeballs.  Texas doesn't need Baylor to win national championships to get eyeballs on Texas games.

If only they could have done that last year.  Stupid OU.

They will always suck in their own special way.

E: Speaking of incoming QBs, I wonder if announcers (if he plays) will continuously comment on Gentry's height every chance they get like they did with the guy from Arizona State who's name I can't think of right now.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 07, 2014, 11:21:12 PM
You can not think so all you want, but that doesn't make it true.  Baylor has at least four commits (I only looked at the 4* guys) coming next year that Texas was interested in.  TCU is still catching up, but they look to have a similar number.  You don't think Strong could use some of those WRs, DBs, and that Baylor QB?  Really?

Pretty sure Baylor taking all the WRs and QBs has not been the problem.  The problem has been evaluation.  We will get more 4* guys than Baylor.  Recruiting-wise they are not a big problem, and to the extent they are the Big 12 being perceived as weak is a bigger one.

QuoteTexas needs to win to get eyeballs.  Texas doesn't need Baylor to win national championships to get eyeballs on Texas games.

Both of those things are true.  We both need Texas to win and the Big 12 to prosper.  Also don't discount the possibility for stupid shit like adding Cincinnati or some other bums to get that championship game now everybody needs.

QuoteThey will always suck in their own special way.

Damn straight :cheers:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 07, 2014, 11:21:12 PM
E: Speaking of incoming QBs, I wonder if announcers (if he plays) will continuously comment on Gentry's height every chance they get like they did with the guy from Arizona State who's name I can't think of right now.

I hope this freakishly tall QB is better than the one Texas presently has.  But notice people do not mention Swoopes' height that much.  Speaking of recruiting I have found it humorous the difference in the OL recruits once Wickline got here.  Before it was all four star and five star guys.  Now everybody is over 6"6'.  Wickline is recruiting frames and potential, I like that.  The only smallish dude is 4* Patrick Vahe who committed during the Mack regime.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Texas wins and it takes care of itself.  The conference will be fine if "the names," Texas and the dumbasses in Norman, get back to their winning ways.  TCU and Baylor getting even more exposure doesn't help Texas when it comes to recruiting which doesn't help with winning.

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2014, 11:33:18 PM
I hope this freakishly tall QB is better than the one Texas presently has.  But notice people do not mention Swoopes' height that much.

Swoopes is 6'4.  New guy is 6'6 and lighter.  He's going to look a fair bit taller.  I think ASU dude is 6'7 at least.

e: 
QuoteSpeaking of recruiting I have found it humorous the difference in the OL recruits once Wickline got here.  Before it was all four star and five star guys.  Now everybody is over 6"6'.  Wickline is recruiting frames and potential, I like that.  The only smallish dude is 4* Patrick Vahe who committed during the Mack regime.

It'll be interesting to see how the Wickline guys work out after they've been here a couple years with actual coaching. 

E2:  lolz

More, including Stoops, in the shamepaint thread.

Valmy

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Yes, please.  At least UC.  Don't care too much about Memphis.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Oh cool.  More realignment talk. 

Here's my idea:  B12 to 14 teams (they hold the trademark on Big 14, so that becomes the name).  Add Cincy, ECU, UCF, USF.  Split the divisions East/West. 

Done.

WVU has some nearby teams, and now there are trips to both Florida and Texas for recruiting.   :)

Valmy

That would meant one of the Kansas, Okie, or Texas schools would have to go East.  Ah well the SEC thinks Missouri is east.

PDH

Wyoming needs to join the Big 12.  They could be the new doormat for EVERYONE in the conference.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 08, 2014, 08:20:43 PM
Wyoming needs to join the Big 12.  They could be the new doormat for EVERYONE in the conference.

I don't know.  The Big 12 has Kansas football.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2014, 07:59:42 PM
That would meant one of the Kansas, Okie, or Texas schools would have to go East.  Ah well the SEC thinks Missouri is east.

There would be shuffling involved, yeah.  North/South would be cleaner geographically, but would end up with the Texas and Florida schools all in one division plus ECU or an Oklahoma school.

Valmy

Eh just send TCU over there.  They are the newbies.

Ed Anger

Texas should join the B10. Just to piss Nebraska off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2014, 08:57:56 PM
Texas should join the B10. Just to piss Nebraska off.

That would almost make it worth it :hmm:

That random Northwestern fan kept claiming Texas was headed there during re-alignment.