News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most un-PC Belief?

Started by Queequeg, March 28, 2014, 12:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Or maybe it's just under-25s.  I think that's actually been proven.  But it could be a combination. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on March 28, 2014, 09:41:06 PM
What does it matter what goes on in peoples minds, all that matters is how people conduct themselves in the public space.

Says the guy that pisses in bushes on the side of the road.   :P

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2014, 11:07:26 PM
What does it matter what goes on in peoples minds, all that matters is how people conduct themselves in the public space.

:D

And now to bed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on March 28, 2014, 11:58:34 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2014, 11:07:26 PM

:D

And now to bed.
:hmm: You ought to see your doctor about that.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2014, 09:24:27 AM
I'm getting a chuckle out of the PC posters struggling with the question.  :P
It's very difficult I'm generally PC. It's just having good manners.

I'd also say in the UK there's definitely two brands of political correctness. One is what we're all talking about roughly. Then there's another which is basically whatever someone speaking happens to disagree with - normally speed cameras or health and safety - which they boldly preface with a declaration that it's not very politically correct, but...
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

I wonder if Yi counts me as PC or not. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

I vote no.

I think you might have to spend some time north of the Mason Dixon to really drink from the fountain of PC.

Neil

It might be good manners, but it also surrenders the dialogue in western civilization to unserious waterheads, who definitely don't have the best interests of civilization at heart.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on March 28, 2014, 12:55:35 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2014, 12:46:56 AM
Buddah's going to be pissed.

I think that most forms of variants sexuality should still be considered paraphilic disorders.  While I'm not suggesting that homosexuals should be persecuted or treated differently, I still think it fits the criteria of a paraphilic disorder at it is a variant behavior that causes difficulties for person both mentally and physically.  I also think that since homosexuality is something you are born with, parents will have a choice if their children will be homosexual or not in the future and it will become extremely uncommon.

The rational utility-maximixing option would seem at first blush to be bisexuality.

Being by would just double the number of people you can be rejected by.  No thanks.

Kleves

I would rather give money to an animal shelter than a homeless shelter.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on March 29, 2014, 10:06:00 AM

That's not un-PC at all.  That's simply the right thing to do.

Queequeg

Quote from: Kleves on March 29, 2014, 10:06:00 AM
I get that.  Homeless shelters don't gas the homeless.  In, uh, modern America at least. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Columbia put ours in a concentration camp.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on March 29, 2014, 03:10:16 PM
Columbia put ours in a concentration camp.

Is it:  Meowschwitz?

Ideologue

Homeless people, not animals. :P
Kinemalogue