News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most un-PC Belief?

Started by Queequeg, March 28, 2014, 12:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on March 28, 2014, 01:16:25 PM
I don't believe in a generally open franchise. I believe the electorate should be small and qualified in some manner, I'm essentially anti-democratic.
How would you restrict it? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

I'm with Otto. Democracy sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: mongers on March 28, 2014, 09:08:27 AM
Where to start.   :hmm:

What's with this recent confessional bent Languish is now taking, first opinions on onions, 'whats on you mind' and now this!

It's a worrying trend; not sure I'm too keen on getting views of the inner workings of other languishites.   :(

Maybe we could just stick to arguing to toss about bits of military kit and bashing each other over the head with raspberry flavoured strawmen?

Next thread: "What's Your Most Shameful Secret?" :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

LaCroix

Quote from: Neil on March 28, 2014, 01:58:16 PMIt can be unethical to apply for a patent, like if you're patenting a living thing.  Ethics and the law are two different things.  There are all sorts of things that a government can allow people to do that aren't ethical.

Yes, anyone who patents an organism is, by definition, unethical.  Doesn't matter if it's a scientist, a big company or a guy in his garage.

how is it unethical? if patents weren't allowed for seeds/plants, then there would be little incentive to invest large sums of money into modifying plants

and ethics and law are both shaped by the morals of society

garbon

Quote from: mongers on March 28, 2014, 09:08:27 AM
Where to start.   :hmm:

What's with this recent confessional bent Languish is now taking, first opinions on onions, 'whats on you mind' and now this!

It's a worrying trend; not sure I'm too keen on getting views of the inner workings of other languishites.   :(

Maybe we could just stick to arguing to toss about bits of military kit and bashing each other over the head with raspberry flavoured strawmen?

If it helps, I didn't actually care. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on March 28, 2014, 10:36:42 AM
I believe there should be some sort of exam and certificate in parenting for anyone planning to breed.

I love you so much.

I really have no true anti-PC beliefs, all my beliefs are tremendously PC. 

Other than there's no such thing as bisexuality.  You can't stand on both sides of the plate when you're up at bat, dammit.  Either you dig the cock, or you dig the pooty.  "Lulz Imma bisexual" is a fucking cop-out for fags who don't want to admit to themselves that they're honest and truly cocknibblers.

CountDeMoney

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Neil

Quote from: LaCroix on March 28, 2014, 07:49:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 28, 2014, 01:58:16 PMIt can be unethical to apply for a patent, like if you're patenting a living thing.  Ethics and the law are two different things.  There are all sorts of things that a government can allow people to do that aren't ethical.

Yes, anyone who patents an organism is, by definition, unethical.  Doesn't matter if it's a scientist, a big company or a guy in his garage.
how is it unethical? if patents weren't allowed for seeds/plants, then there would be little incentive to invest large sums of money into modifying plants

and ethics and law are both shaped by the morals of society
It is unethical because it is distasteful and sets a dangerous precedent.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Oh, and fuck it;  I'm a cultural relativist.  My side of the planet:  good and civilized.  Your side of the planet:  fucked up third world voodoo bullshit. 

Brown and yellow people don't get a pass for their bullshit because they're "unique" or how their "culture" is "special". 

God Bless America, the Reformation, the Renaissance, and the Age of Reason.  The other side of the planet can go fuck itself.

Queequeg

Other than there's no such thing as bisexuality.  You can't stand on both sides of the plate when you're up at bat, dammit.  Either you dig the cock, or you dig the pooty.  "Lulz Imma bisexual" is a fucking cop-out for fags who don't want to admit to themselves that they're honest and truly cocknibblers.
Women?
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2014, 08:41:57 PM

While it is often used as a cop out, I don't see why there couldn't be people with attraction to both sexes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

You'd think there are plenty enough historical (ancient Greek, Arab, Japanese sexual practices) and personal (Cary Grant, Brando, Marlene Dietrich) examples of it that no one would dismiss it out of hand. 

Also; prison.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2014, 09:19:05 PM
While it is often used as a cop out, I don't see why there couldn't be people with attraction to both sexes.

There are people with an attraction to reaching orgasm, regardless of the context.

Quote from: Queequeg on March 28, 2014, 09:20:31 PM
Also; prison.

I rest my case.

mongers

What does it matter what goes on in peoples minds, all that matters is how people conduct themselves in the public space.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

New un-PC belief: women are stupid, with fundamentally unsound cognition.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)