News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most un-PC Belief?

Started by Queequeg, March 28, 2014, 12:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

I think that any kind of transsexualism that manifests as an urge for "gender reassignment surgery" is a pathology rather than a gender or a sexual orientation.  The urge to massive self-mutilation or castration is not a healthy one.   :ph34r:

That said I try very hard to be civil and polite with every transsexual I have ever met, and have purposefully avoided expressing my opinion on the matter. 

What is your least PC belief? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

As you should, you bigot.

Anyway, obviously it's my belief in the fundamental moral soundness of total war.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Agree. Transsexuals and vegetarians are goofballs. Also, young children need to be spanked.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Buddah's going to be pissed.

I think that most forms of variants sexuality should still be considered paraphilic disorders.  While I'm not suggesting that homosexuals should be persecuted or treated differently, I still think it fits the criteria of a paraphilic disorder at it is a variant behavior that causes difficulties for person both mentally and physically.  I also think that since homosexuality is something you are born with, parents will have a choice if their children will be homosexual or not in the future and it will become extremely uncommon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I imagine if I look review all my opinions I can find enough shit to dig my own grave over and over. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2014, 12:46:56 AM
Buddah's going to be pissed.

I think that most forms of variants sexuality should still be considered paraphilic disorders.  While I'm not suggesting that homosexuals should be persecuted or treated differently, I still think it fits the criteria of a paraphilic disorder at it is a variant behavior that causes difficulties for person both mentally and physically.  I also think that since homosexuality is something you are born with, parents will have a choice if their children will be homosexual or not in the future and it will become extremely uncommon.

The rational utility-maximixing option would seem at first blush to be bisexuality.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

Quote from: Ideologue on March 28, 2014, 12:55:35 AM

The rational utility-maximixing option would seem at first blush to be bisexuality.
IDK why.  Heterosexuality results in children and substantially decreased levels of STD spread due to immune systems.  That said I don't think we'll ever be able to completely de-program homosexuality genetically.  Even if we could, I'm not sure we'd want to. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Double your pleasure, double your fun.
Kinemalogue

celedhring

I think Ide is a pretty interesting movie reviewer.

Iormlund

Quote from: Queequeg on March 28, 2014, 01:25:51 AM

IDK why.  Heterosexuality results in children and substantially decreased levels of STD spread due to immune systems.

Hetero sex has lower STD risk than lesbian sex? Colour me sceptical.

Richard Hakluyt

I think it was lucky for the world that the top dog for the past two centuries was initially Britain followed by the USA.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 28, 2014, 02:56:55 AM
I think it was lucky for the world that the top dog for the past two centuries was initially Britain followed by the USA.

I'm a little worried if that's the *most* un-PC thing you believe.  :(

Eddie Teach

For you maybe, but not for your parents. If you fall in love with a nice fellow and adopt an Asian child, their genes aren't getting passed on.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2014, 03:00:08 AM

I'm a little worried if that's the *most* un-PC thing you believe.  :(

You haven't expressed such a view in Lewisham Labour club on a Saturday night though, I'm lucky to still be alive  :lol:

But I'll put another one in, in general I am against positive discrimination.

Iormlund

I think you're going backwards here. They were top dogs because certain policies such as individual liberties and the rule of law are more effective than the alternatives. If the Spanish Empire had evolved into a state that valued those things while the UK was subjected to the rule of reactionaries it would have been Spain that kept its domination and the world would be no worse off for it.