News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elemental - War of Magic

Started by Syt, June 06, 2009, 10:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Despite looking like the original except with better graphics, I didn't quit after two minutes in utter disgust and disinterest, like with their last patch for the base game. So that's a plus sign.

Can't tell much else as I only played a little until it's kinda CTDed (well, it is a beta), but there is at least the potential for some hope.

Solmyr

Tamas

Syt

I don't seem to have received any emails . . . . :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2012, 08:35:32 AM
I don't seem to have received any emails . . . . :unsure:

:nelson:

download.stardock.com

Enter  your stardock credetentials.

Grallon

Quote from: Tamas on January 20, 2012, 03:38:16 AM
Despite looking like the original except with better graphics, I didn't quit after two minutes in utter disgust and disinterest, like with their last patch for the base game. So that's a plus sign.

Can't tell much else as I only played a little until it's kinda CTDed (well, it is a beta), but there is at least the potential for some hope.

As I was saying in the other thread - which really is the appropriate one since we're talking about a new game...  This one
not only look better but plays better too.  Remarkably stable for a beta - more stable in fact than the 1st game was at
launch.  The input of Kael Paxton shows too.  It definitely has a more epic feel to it - with quest chains and all sorts of
tidbits.  The only major problems are when you exit it gives an error (or when your computer goes in sleep mode) and in
late game there's memory leakage and the graphic lose definition, the sound stops playing, etc.  So far exiting and reloading helps.

Something is off with this new board - it doesn't do automatic carriage returns.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

I'm tempted. Maybe in a few months. Tamas approving of course. 
PDH!

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grallon on January 30, 2012, 04:43:04 PM

Something is off with this new board - it doesn't do automatic carriage returns.  <_<

G.

Try using a computer instead of a typewriter.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

SUPER BUMP!

http://kotaku.com/5940401/pc-gaming-studio-said-she-ruined-their-game-but-only-after-she-sued-the-boss-for-sexual-harassment?tag=stardock
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=70349

Short recap.

Brad Wardell sues chick for ruining his game. She sue hime for sex harassment. He looks like a total pig. He posts on a message board WHILE THE LAWSUIT IS ONGOING using his incredible libertarian-fu. She apparently has nice nipples.

Totally hilarious.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2012, 07:15:35 AM
SUPER BUMP!

http://kotaku.com/5940401/pc-gaming-studio-said-she-ruined-their-game-but-only-after-she-sued-the-boss-for-sexual-harassment?tag=stardock
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=70349

Short recap.

Brad Wardell sues chick for ruining his game. She sue hime for sex harassment. He looks like a total pig. He posts on a message board WHILE THE LAWSUIT IS ONGOING using his incredible libertarian-fu. She apparently has nice nipples.

Totally hilarious.

I hope this chick kicks his ass. What a douche.

garbon

I used to be automatically on the side of women in such matters - but now that I've been at a place with a crazy who made similar accusations and followed a lawsuit, these give me pause.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2012, 09:28:54 AM
I used to be automatically on the side of women in such matters - but now that I've been at a place with a crazy who made similar accusations and followed a lawsuit, these give me pause.

except that this guy appears to be a major asshole in general, plus arrogant. Also witness-able by his treatment of his fans during the Elemental dev process.

garbon

you can be an asshole and still not be guilty of sexual harassment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2012, 10:31:33 AM
you can be an asshole and still not be guilty of sexual harassment.

True.  And you can be nice and genteel and be a complete harassing douchenozzle.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Habbaku

Should be fun to see how the lawsuit shakes out.

In other news, the expansion/standalone-game-that-Elemental-should-have-been looks pretty good, actually.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien