Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

It seems Fallen Enchantress has been released. It would have been nice to receive an email about it, you know, like for the betas?

Also, it seems you can't get a Steam key instead, so you have to use their crappy download site.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

From this look, sounds like they haven't even made it as fun as the original AoW.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elemental-fallen-enchantress/1226380p1.html
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

I cant bring myself to try this after the disaster that was the first attempt.

Remember when this company was riding high...

Syt

I've dabbled a bit with it and think RPS' review is pretty much to the point:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/29/wot-i-think-elemental-fallen-enchantress/

That said, the game is highly moddable, so this may not be lost yet. And there seem to be some people around who enjoy the game as it is (on higher levels).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Sounds like don't buy until said people do their thing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Yeah, unless you get a free copy because you fell for the original game, then I'd recommend: wait and see. Maybe patches improve it, maybe they give it expansions (GalCiv2 was good at release, but only fantastic after second expansion).
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Syt on October 31, 2012, 01:02:08 PM
I've dabbled a bit with it and think RPS' review is pretty much to the point:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/29/wot-i-think-elemental-fallen-enchantress/

That said, the game is highly moddable, so this may not be lost yet. And there seem to be some people around who enjoy the game as it is (on higher levels).

If it's highly moddable, there is some hope for it. I did get mine free, and it's not a bad game. I just can't really get into it for long at a time. I have been spending that time on AoW2 from GOG.   :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

The latest from Brad 'John galt' Wardell:

QuoteAnd now a message to the hateful, degenerate scum of the Internet:

Dear soul sucking trolls,

If you've publicly posted that you won't buy stuff from my company because you don't like me then I say to you: Thank you. The last thing I want are horrible stupid people benefiting from my work. I realize that things I post, email, tweet, facebook, etc. can occasionally be taken out of context and be spun to fit whatever agenda the person in the media needs it to fit that day to get their page views. But nothing forces you to buy the crap they're posting. If you hate someone you don't even know, you should probably seek counseling.

Making stuff and putting yourself out there can be very rewarding. I know hateful trolls out there froth at the mouth whenever there's some individual trying to express themselves. I understand your problem. You're weak. You're cowardly. And rather than trying to improve yourselves or having the courage to take a chance and try putting yourself out there you lash out at those who do. You're pathetic.

In the end, you're irrelevant. Once the people who create content realize that you don't matter, you lose whatever power you might have had. Your predictions of their demise, your hateful tweets, your promises to not support whatever it is they make ultimately amount to nothing because most people aren't horrible, pathetic creatures like you are. Good people outnumber you 1000 to 1.

My advice to you is this: Quit hating people. Look at yourself. Do some soul searching. Become a better person. Don't shit on stuff you don't like but try to make things better. Don't spend your energy trying to bring down someone you don't even know who has done nothing to you. Make your own stuff. Share it with others. And if you can't, then shut the hell up.

garbon

Ed Anger

Methinks sales are below projections.

ulmont

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2012, 09:57:06 PM
Methinks sales are below projections.

I got the update for free, based on bad decisions in my past (i.e., listening to Tamas), and I haven't bothered to download it.