Any of you mooks ever hire a live-in nanny?

Started by Barrister, May 03, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Yes but he can afford it. His wife makes Malthus money while he makes Caliga money.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

HR salaries are denominated in useless red tapes lenghts (in feet).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on March 20, 2014, 09:30:23 AM
Quote from: PRC on March 20, 2014, 12:25:56 AM
For research purposes of my own in this realm Beeb... what kind of costs are you looking at for the nanny?  Ballpark only, not asking you to reveal what you're paying them, but I imagine daycare is $1,100-ish per child per month and my guess for a nanny watching three kids would be around $2,500 to $3,000 a month?

Meh, I don't care.  We're paying her $12 per hour, but because my wife's new position is only part time, we're only paying her part time, so 40 hours every 2 weeks.  so that's roughly $960 per month, but I have to run the numbers to determine the final cost (since we're responsible for some CPP/EI payments because we're doing this above board).

Thanks Beeb.  That's a bit lower than I expected.

Monoriu

The cost of a live-in maid is around US$500 per month.  The employer is legally bound to provide basic accommodations and food though, and that is in addition to the US$500.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on March 20, 2014, 07:34:27 PM
The cost of a live-in maid is around US$500 per month.  The employer is legally bound to provide basic accommodations and food though, and that is in addition to the US$500.

I have to say that is pretty cheap, especially to the person who would be in the market for hiring live-in maids.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2014, 08:24:38 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 20, 2014, 07:34:27 PM

I have to say that is pretty cheap, especially to the person who would be in the market for hiring live-in maids.

It is a lot of money for an Indonesian.