Liberation Theology is in - should Yi be concerned?

Started by crazy canuck, February 25, 2014, 11:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Well, I will not compromise my moral values just because the detestable entity is willing to throw trinkets for it's PR purposes.  -_-

Beenherebefore

Valmy gets my vote for Best Defence Of Popery & Buggery March 2014.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2014, 09:26:05 AM
Well, I will not compromise my moral values just because the detestable entity is willing to throw trinkets for it's PR purposes.  -_-

Way to take a stand!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 13, 2014, 09:27:44 AM
Valmy gets my vote for Best Defence Of Popery & Buggery March 2014.

My Irish ancestors would be proud :)

If I could find a way to defend alcoholism they might throw a party for me down in purgatory.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Beenherebefore

Not hard. Heriditary, creates memories (for the immediate family) and leads to less pensioners. And Charles Bukowski.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2014, 07:17:05 AM
I guess a natural conclusion of this debate is that the Catholic church is now, so to say, beyond redemption: the wealth it has accumulated during a millennia of un-Christian behaviour is now too embedded with the entire organization, while also forever preventing them to be anything than mightily hypocrite in their teachings because of it.
But it's only hypocritical because of your view of their teaching. There's no hypocrisy from a Catholic perspective in a fancy cathedral and charity or being a poor Church.

It's like when Viking attacks them for being insufficiently literalist.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2014, 09:36:11 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2014, 07:17:05 AM
I guess a natural conclusion of this debate is that the Catholic church is now, so to say, beyond redemption: the wealth it has accumulated during a millennia of un-Christian behaviour is now too embedded with the entire organization, while also forever preventing them to be anything than mightily hypocrite in their teachings because of it.
But it's only hypocritical because of your view of their teaching. There's no hypocrisy from a Catholic perspective in a fancy cathedral and charity or being a poor Church.

It's like when Viking attacks them for being insufficiently literalist.

True, I consider the Catholic Church a flawed and historically very hindering construction, that's only saving grace for continued existence is the fact that it has grown largely insignificant as a force to slow down humanity's progress, and as such it is no longer as a big issue as it had been for almost a thousand years.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2014, 09:56:12 AM
True, I consider the Catholic Church a flawed and historically very hindering construction, that's only saving grace for continued existence is the fact that it has grown largely insignificant as a force to slow down humanity's progress, and as such it is no longer as a big issue as it had been for almost a thousand years.

You are aware that at no time did the Catholic Church control the entire world right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Beenherebefore

More than one billion members worldwide, yet largely insignificant. Nowadays. Apparently.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 13, 2014, 10:09:04 AM
More than one billion members worldwide, yet largely insignificant. Nowadays. Apparently.
Eurocentrics <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 13, 2014, 10:09:04 AM

What I mean is, that they are no longer able to prosecute and burn scientists, or people with innovative ideas in general.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I did forget how they contribute to 3rd world poverty by being against abortion and contraception though. So they still manage to remain a hindrance for human civilization. Thumbs up for consistency!

crazy canuck

I see this is not so much a critique of the current Pope for Tamas but a deep historical hatred for the Catholic Church.