And we're back!

Main Menu

Favorite Dishes?

Started by Queequeg, March 11, 2014, 12:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 11, 2014, 08:06:34 AM
Subway's Veggie Max sub.

Subway turns my stomach nowadays. I think it's their commercials.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

My mom has some nice blue china that I'm rather partial to.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Gups on March 11, 2014, 06:55:42 AM
I use one from Madhur Jeffray's Curry Easy (and it is quite an easy recipe). This is an approximarion of it for three people. Any kind of fish is fine but best to get fish that doesn't disintegrate too much in cooking. Monkfish is ideal but quite pricey.
I'll have to give that a go. The couple of recipes I've tried from that book haven't turned out that well so far.

The Guardian Goan curry recipe I tried ages ago and it's good.

A lot of my favourite dishes are from Fuchsia Dunlop's cookbooks:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sichuan-Cookery-Fuchsia-Dunlop/dp/0140295410/ref=pd_sim_b_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WTSB8Y5BGCFKZSMVYW9

From that book particularly the ants climbing trees noodle recipe, fish fragrant aubergine and mapo tofu :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Agelastus

My absolute favourite is very traditional...Steak and Kidney pudding - at least on the rare occasions that one finds one of both a decent quality and a decent size.

Best puddings I ever had came from a Brampton pie company franchise shop that managed to last 51 weeks in a local town. :mmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 16, 2014, 01:54:31 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 11, 2014, 08:06:34 AM
Subway's Veggie Max sub.

:yuk: Garbage

I used to eat Subway's meatball subs(light sauce, cheese and toasted bread). Then I suffered the GERD episode from hell and I ended up in the emergency room drinking novocaine.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

What I like:
Shephard's pie
Filet mignon (Shish Kebab, with veggies and tomatoes)
Steak, on the grill, with pepper sauce
salmon on the grill, with cheese and maple syrup filling
roast beef with maple syrup, onions, garlic and dijon mustard insert.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.