5 (15.6%)
IJN - Kaga
5 (15.6%)
MN - Béarn
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Monoriu

Quote from: celedhring on February 25, 2014, 05:03:03 PM
Since this is the current anime thread, I'll say that I just started watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes and, well, it's pretty damn great.

It is.  I watched it over and over again when I was in university.  At 162 episodes and 3/4 movies (depends on if you count the movie version of Disgrace), it is a bit lengthy for some.  But it is well-worth the time.  Serious fleet battles in space.  No mechas, no genetically modified invincible pilots, no time travel, no fanservice.   

Neil

Start your own anime thread.  This thread is for warship-worship.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I like Spanish American war warships better. The Olympia? :swoon:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

You know, I never got all the American love for the Olympia.  I mean, sure she was the flagship in a very one-sided battle in a colonial war, but you don't see the British having the same attitude towards the ships which won the First Opium War.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on February 25, 2014, 09:13:44 PM
You know, I never got all the American love for the Olympia.  I mean, sure she was the flagship in a very one-sided battle in a colonial war, but you don't see the British having the same attitude towards the ships which won the First Opium War.

We kicked the dago in the nuts by jingo!

CountDeMoney

Sad part about the Spanish Navy is how much more flammable it was.

Admiral Yi

The British fought that war with sloops.  How jacked up can you get about a sloop?

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Sloops and slopes.  Like shirts and skins, only not.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

If they had, they might have preserved one.  :(

Siege

Have anybody here played the REARM mod for Homeworld 2?
That picture I posted above looks amazing.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"