Main Menu

[de Blasio] Living in a post-Bloomberg era

Started by garbon, January 30, 2014, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2014, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 09:55:21 PM
Now that's just being unprofessional.

What the hell did he do to the PD? That is open contempt for a Mayor.
told his kid that because he's black the cops are going to shoot him... Or something.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

Maybe it's already been posted but the shooter said on his social network account things like he was going to kill cops to make up for the guys killed in NYC and Ferguson. Two cops to kill for one kind of stuff.

dps

Quote from: KRonn on December 20, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
Maybe it's already been posted but the shooter said on his social network account things like he was going to kill cops to make up for the guys killed in NYC and Ferguson. Two cops to kill for one kind of stuff.

Of course, you gotta shoot your gf first, though.

11B4V

Quote from: dps on December 20, 2014, 10:11:16 PM

No shit, might as well make it a hat trick. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

KRonn

Apparently the shooter later shot himself. He should have started with that first.  :glare:

CountDeMoney

Priorities, priorities.

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on December 20, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 20, 2014, 10:02:58 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2014, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 09:55:21 PM
Now that's just being unprofessional.

What the hell did he do to the PD? That is open contempt for a Mayor.
Was he bitching about how bad cops are, after that whole police shooting thing?

Yeah, he was dissing the cops pretty badly from what I've heard, and the cops are damn pissed off at him before this shooting. Now he'll get a lot of blame for fanning the flames against the cops and sounds like he already is, along with others like Sharpton but especially the mayor.

As I noted earlier perhaps the NYPD would be wiser to examine why they are so hated/feared and think why it is that parents of non-white children (including the mayor!) have to warn said children to be careful around NYPD.

Rather than recognizing a problem, they are taking the childish route and ignoring the problem.

On this recent set of events - sad :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on December 20, 2014, 10:08:11 PM
told his kid that because he's black the cops are going to shoot him... Or something.

Good grief, he didn't say that.  He said he's always told his son to be careful in dealing with the police. Which you should do anyway, even if you're a black teen son of the Mayor.

My Dad always told me the same thing too because I was the son of a cop.  You do what they say, and it's "yes sir, no sir" and keep your mouth shut after that.  You don't act all NWA or like a stupid white person.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 20, 2014, 10:17:21 PM
Rather than recognizing a problem, they are taking the childish route and ignoring the problem.

Police union president told the Mayor not to attend any police funerals.  It's all politics, and rather childish at that.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 10:20:43 PM

Good grief, he didn't say that.  He said he's always told his son to be careful in dealing with the police. Which you should do anyway, even if you're a black teen son of the Mayor.

My Dad always told me the same thing too because I was the son of a cop.  You do what they say, and it's "yes sir, no sir" and keep your mouth shut after that.  You don't act all NWA or like a stupid white person.
I was exaggerating a bit :P

Governor is blaming the mayor on twitter.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

11B4V

Quote from: HVC on December 20, 2014, 10:24:44 PM

I was exaggerating a bit :P

Govener is blaming the mayor on twitter.

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Yep, that's pretty much what I was taught, too.  Of course, I'm old enough, white enough, an middle class enough that I was also basically taught that the police are my friends, but I was still told to be respectful towards them.  Not that I've always done it, 'cause sometimes I just can't help mouthing off.

CountDeMoney

The Ex-Governor, that is.

QuotePataki Blames Mayor and Holder for Shootings

Former Gov. George E. Pataki of New York, a Republican, blamed Mayor de Blasio and United States Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. for the shootings of the officers.

"Sickened by these barbaric acts," Mr. Pataki wrote on Twitter, "which sadly are a predictable outcome of divisive anti-cop rhetoric of #ericholder & #mayordiblasio."

Quote"There is blood on many hands tonight, those who incited violence on the street under the guise of protest," the head of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, Patrick Lynch, said outside Woodhull Hospital.
"Those who allowed this to happen will be held accountable."

HVC

Quote from: dps on December 20, 2014, 10:33:10 PM

Yep, that's pretty much what I was taught, too.  Of course, I'm old enough, white enough, an middle class enough that I was also basically taught that the police are my friends, but I was still told to be respectful towards them.  Not that I've always done it, 'cause sometimes I just can't help mouthing off.
my dads a drunk who owned a bar (great combo) so I had a lot of exposure to cops growing. Never had a bad experience with one. Though maybe it's a Canadian cop thing.

*edit* actually, no I had a bad experience with a bitch of a cop, but not in a capacity of her being a cop

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on December 20, 2014, 10:36:55 PM
*edit* actually, no I had a bad experience with a bitch of a cop, but not in a capacity of her being a cop

How long did it last?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?