News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[de Blasio] Living in a post-Bloomberg era

Started by garbon, January 30, 2014, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

It'll be interesting to see how many people show up for the protests against this kind of violence.

QuoteTwo NYPD officers shot dead in 'ambush' sitting in patrol car in Brooklyn by gunman who boasted on Instagram about 'revenge' killing cops

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/cops-shot-brooklyn-sources-article-1.2051941?fkf&utm_content=buffer79e2a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Two NYPD cops were executed Saturday after a gang member from Baltimore drove to the city to kill police officers after wounding his girlfriend, sources told the Daily News.

The shooter, identified as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, boasted about wanting to kill cops in the hours before he ambushed the officers outside the Tompkins Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant about 3 p.m. Saturday.

"I'm Putting Wings On Pigs Today. They Take 1 Of Ours...Let's Take 2 of Theirs," Brinsley wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of a silver handgun and a series of hashtags referencing the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

Brinsley made good on his promise, firing several rounds into the patrol car parked near Myrtle and Tompkins Aves., witnesses said.

"The perp came out of the houses, walked up behind the car and lit them up," a high-ranking police official told the Daily News.

Brinsley then sprinted around the corner to the Myrtle-Willoughby Aves. subway station where he shot himself in the head, police said. He was later pronounced dead.

Both officers were rushed to Woodhull Hospital but were later pronounced dead.

Witnesses said the officers never had a chance.

"He just walked up and shot that cop in the head," one man said.

Rescuers rushed to the aid of the mortally wounded officers.

"They basically dragged two cops out their car," a second witness said. "I saw it. One was shot in the face. There was blood coming out of his face."

Brinsley is believed to be a member of a Baltimore gang, Black Gorilla Family :lol: , sources said. The gang has vowed retribution for the deaths of Garner and Brown. Garner died after being put in a chokehold by NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo on July 17 on Staten Island. Brown, who was unnarmed, was shot dead by Ferguson, Mo. cop Darren Wilson on Aug. 9th. Neither cop was indicted by grand juries, spakring national protests. 

"I have spoken to the Garner family and we are outraged by the early reports of the police killed in Brooklyn today," said the Rev. Al Sharpton in a statement Saturday evening. "Any use of the names of Eric Garner and Michael Brown, in connection with any violence or killing of police, is reprehensible and against the pursuit of justice in both cases.

Details of the shooting outside Baltimore were scarce. A family member of the victim told the Daily News Brinsley shot her in the stomach.

She was expected to survive.

Earlier Saturday, Brinsley posted a menacing message on Facebook. "I Always Wanted To Be Known For Doing Something Right...But My Past Is Stalking Me and My Present Is Haunting Me."

It's "Black Guerrilla Family", people.   Typical New York.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Liquidate a hundred protestors for each dead cop
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

http://pix11.com/2014/12/20/video-nypd-officers-turn-away-from-mayor-de-blasio-as-he-enters-police-presser/

QuotePolice officers turned their backs on Mayor Bill de Blasio as he walked into the police press conference about the two NYPD officers shot and killed execution-style in Brooklyn.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

The shooting this morning was not too far from my condo, and just a brief mention on the morning news.

QuotePolice say killer of 2 NYPD officers first shot ex-girlfriend in Owings Mills
By Justin Fenton The Baltimore Sun

The shooting of a woman at an Owings Mills apartment complex was the precursor for the ambush killing of two New York City Police officers later in the day, law enforcement officials said.

Police in New York and Baltimore County said they believe Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley, of Georgia, shot and wounded his 29-year-old ex-girlfriend before 6 a.m. Saturday in Owings Mills, then posted a series of anti-law enforcement diatribes on social media as he traveled to Brooklyn, N.Y.

There, police said, he approached a marked police vehicle parked in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood around 2:45 p.m. He "took a shooting stance," then fired a handgun several times through the window.

Officers Wenjian Lieu and Rafael Ramos were struck in the head, and taken to a hospital where they were pronounced dead.

"Today, two of New York's finest were shot and killed with no warning, no provocation," New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said. "They were, quite simply, assassinated — targeted for their uniform."

Brinsley ran into a subway station where he shot himself in the head, Bratton said. Police recovered a gun.

Baltimore County police said the Owings Mills shooting occurred inside of an apartment in the Greenwich Place complex in the 10000 block of Mill Run Circle, near the parking lot of the Owings Mills Mall. Police said the woman was shot in the abdomen by a male whom she knew.

The victim was transported in serious condition to an area hospital for treatment and is expected to survive, county police said late Saturday.

The management of the apartment complex tucked a letter into the doors of residents saying the shooting was the result of a "domestic dispute." "We share this information with you to assure you this was a private, isolated incident," the letter read.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 09:55:21 PM
Now that's just being unprofessional.

What the hell did he do to the PD? That is open contempt for a Mayor.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2014, 10:00:09 PM

He told his kid to be careful around cops.  Apparently they took offense to that.

Neil

Was he bitching about how bad cops are, after that whole police shooting thing?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Mayor McCheese would send them to gaol.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 09:59:50 PM
The shooting this morning was not too far from my condo, and just a brief mention on the morning news.

QuotePolice say killer of 2 NYPD officers first shot ex-girlfriend in Owings Mills
By Justin Fenton The Baltimore Sun

The shooting of a woman at an Owings Mills apartment complex was the precursor for the ambush killing of two New York City Police officers later in the day, law enforcement officials said.

Police in New York and Baltimore County said they believe Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley, of Georgia, shot and wounded his 29-year-old ex-girlfriend before 6 a.m. Saturday in Owings Mills, then posted a series of anti-law enforcement diatribes on social media as he traveled to Brooklyn, N.Y.

There, police said, he approached a marked police vehicle parked in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood around 2:45 p.m. He "took a shooting stance," then fired a handgun several times through the window.

Officers Wenjian Lieu and Rafael Ramos were struck in the head, and taken to a hospital where they were pronounced dead.

"Today, two of New York's finest were shot and killed with no warning, no provocation," New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said. "They were, quite simply, assassinated — targeted for their uniform."

Brinsley ran into a subway station where he shot himself in the head, Bratton said. Police recovered a gun.

Baltimore County police said the Owings Mills shooting occurred inside of an apartment in the Greenwich Place complex in the 10000 block of Mill Run Circle, near the parking lot of the Owings Mills Mall. Police said the woman was shot in the abdomen by a male whom she knew.

The victim was transported in serious condition to an area hospital for treatment and is expected to survive, county police said late Saturday.

The management of the apartment complex tucked a letter into the doors of residents saying the shooting was the result of a "domestic dispute." "We share this information with you to assure you this was a private, isolated incident," the letter read.

He murdered a Hispanic and Asian officer. I gathered this as more of a White cop/Black citizen thing. At least Brinsley appears to be a equal opportunity shooter, just hates blue. I wonder how this will resonate with the Hispanic and Asian communities.

dps

I'd never turn my back on a politician.  Why make it easy for them to backstab you?

KRonn

Quote from: Neil on December 20, 2014, 10:02:58 PM

Was he bitching about how bad cops are, after that whole police shooting thing?

Yeah, he was dissing the cops pretty badly from what I've heard, and the cops are damn pissed off at him before this shooting. Now he'll get a lot of blame for fanning the flames against the cops and sounds like he already is, along with others like Sharpton but especially the mayor.