And we're back!

Main Menu

[de Blasio] Living in a post-Bloomberg era

Started by garbon, January 30, 2014, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 01, 2015, 08:03:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 01, 2015, 06:59:00 PM
There is nothing romantic about a horse drawn carriage ride in NYC.

Are you saying the movies LIED to us? :blink:

That's unpossible.

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on January 01, 2015, 06:56:20 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 01, 2015, 03:53:27 PM
With all that NYC actually needs, and this ass-clown campaigned on banning the tourist horse drawn carriages?   :huh:

Politicians make many different promises. Given the mistreatment of horses in the city, I don't see what is so terrible about it.

Of course you are probably just posting out of your ass again. Do you even have any idea what New York needs?
Yeah right, out of my ass. Lol. I'm sure the honorable Mayah could pass laws for the treatment of the horses instead of shutting down a tourist tradition in NYC. And he is an ass clown, as a left wing nut, just as a right wing nut would be also an ass clown.   

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2015, 06:50:39 PM
I should express an opinion, because you thought I already did?

It's called "clarification".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

No it's not.  Clarification is when you explain a position that was originally stated with in an ambiguous or confusing manner.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2015, 06:50:39 PM
I should express an opinion, because you thought I already did?
I also had gained that impression
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

You two fuckers are drunk. How did you get that out of his statement?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on January 01, 2015, 09:32:33 PM
You two fuckers are drunk. How did you get that out of his statement?

Holiday season over - Languish - normal service resumes.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on January 01, 2015, 08:21:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 01, 2015, 06:56:20 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 01, 2015, 03:53:27 PM
With all that NYC actually needs, and this ass-clown campaigned on banning the tourist horse drawn carriages?   :huh:

Politicians make many different promises. Given the mistreatment of horses in the city, I don't see what is so terrible about it.

Of course you are probably just posting out of your ass again. Do you even have any idea what New York needs?
Yeah right, out of my ass. Lol. I'm sure the honorable Mayah could pass laws for the treatment of the horses instead of shutting down a tourist tradition in NYC. And he is an ass clown, as a left wing nut, just as a right wing nut would be also an ass clown.   

So like I assumed you have no knowledge of new York's issues around them. Carry on then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2015, 05:06:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2015, 04:06:47 PM
Some speculation that the ulterior motive is to snatch the prime real estate the stables are on.

There's got to be an ulterior motive.  Horse-drawn carriages are one of the big "romantic" things to do in New York, besides kissing atop the Empire State Building and pissing in the subway.  What's he planning on doing next, trying to outlaw When Harry Met Sally?

Don't fuck with Mr. Zero.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2014, 10:39:10 PM
While he said that what the officers did was very inappropriate but that it is an expression of how some are currently feeling. He also had this bit:

Quote"This is about the continuing poverty rates, the continuing growing disparity between the wealthy and the poor," he said. "It's about unemployment issues. There are so many national issues that have to be addressed that it isn't just policing, as I think we all well know."

which while those are certainly issues in our country that cause frustration, they have little to do with the frustration with the police - and more importantly issues with the police in New York.
I think that they actually tie together.  After all, if it wasn't for the increasing disparity between the losers and the winners, there wouldn't be much support for the sort of tactics that the police have been adopting in recent years.  People are scarred and looking to hold onto what they have.  They're willing to allow the police to behave badly if that's what it takes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

So police commissioner told cops not to turn their backs on mayor at funeral for 2nd police officer. Some police still went and did so. Time for some firings? <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Notwithstanding the probability that the police contract(s) don't include back turning as a cause for firing, it's generally frowned upon in the US to fire civil servants for expressing disagreement with an elected official's political positions. 

Sheilbh

I've changed my mind on this because I've heard that apparently the family did ask for no protests by police at the (first) funeral. I don't think it's some terrible threat to democracy but I think the police should've respected the family's wishes :(
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2015, 12:24:22 PM
Notwithstanding the probability that the police contract(s) don't include back turning as a cause for firing, it's generally frowned upon in the US to fire civil servants for expressing disagreement with an elected official's political positions. 

I think this goes beyond expressing disagreement with the mayor's political positions and into the territory of expressing contempt for him personally. 

And beyond that, I think it's unintentionally rather disrespectful towards the fallen officers as well.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on January 04, 2015, 01:57:04 PM
I think this goes beyond expressing disagreement with the mayor's political positions and into the territory of expressing contempt for him personally. 

Not that I necessarily agree with you, but should that be a firing offense in your opinion?