And we're back!

Main Menu

[de Blasio] Living in a post-Bloomberg era

Started by garbon, January 30, 2014, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2014, 10:41:09 PM
And re-education camps for the rest.

Nah. Random bit to scare the rest into acting properly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sheilbh

That it's at a funeral is a bit tasteless - though it'd be interesting to know what the officers' families think, they may be entirely behind the protest in which case there's no disrespect there.

But even so I don't think it's that big a deal.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I think it is distressing how out of touch many members of that body continue to be.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2014, 11:04:35 AM
I think it is distressing how out of touch many members of that body continue to be.
What body?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2014, 01:08:42 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2014, 10:41:09 PM
And re-education camps for the rest.

Nah. Random bit to scare the rest into acting properly.

I think that's the way cops look at you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

garbon

While he said that what the officers did was very inappropriate but that it is an expression of how some are currently feeling. He also had this bit:

Quote"This is about the continuing poverty rates, the continuing growing disparity between the wealthy and the poor," he said. "It's about unemployment issues. There are so many national issues that have to be addressed that it isn't just policing, as I think we all well know."

which while those are certainly issues in our country that cause frustration, they have little to do with the frustration with the police - and more importantly issues with the police in New York.

DGuller

:bleeding: Sounds like a politician trying to straddle a fence way too hard.  Then again, it's not like he can go "my cops are just butthurt that they don't have a mayor anymore who will unconditionally defend their jackbooted tactics", which is what it's really all about.

DGuller

So apparently the cop union in NYPD is engaged in work slowdown, and instructing the cops to always respond with at least two cars.  How ironic that the one type of union that really is a danger to the public, and in some cases turns the police force into essentially blue mafia, is the union whose right to existence even Republicans would staunchly defend.

Admiral Yi

A work slowdown and responding with two cars, or responding with cars is the work slowdown?

KRonn

Sad what it's coming to in NYC. The NYPD are one of the best, if not the best, police forces in the country. They and under former mayors have cut crime way, way down. It was hell on earth there up until about twenty years ago. They did so well that other cities, including here in Boston, copied much of what NYC did. NYC has also beceome very good at anti-terror enforcement.

I hate seeing the cops go this route, and it'll likely backfire on them, just like the over done protests backfired or would likely have even if the cops hadn't been killed. Then too the Mayah has been very anti-cop all during his run for office. At least that's what's being reported and this latest mess has put the final touch on the split.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2014, 02:10:42 PM
A work slowdown and responding with two cars, or responding with cars is the work slowdown?

Responding with two cars is a safety precaution, so they don't get assassinated on calls.