News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 Election Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2014, 09:51:54 AM
We will now have a "cleaner" separation of powers with a GOP controlled Senate and House,

Shame you won't have a cleaner separation of the fruits and nuts in the GOP.  The House is going to be just as silly now as it was before.  I don't think they're going to play ball with the GOP-controlled Senate as much as you think they will.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2014, 10:04:48 AM
:lmfao:

That is fucking priceless.

I know, I know-- too optimistic.  I'm expecting the President to act better than a petulant child.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 06, 2014, 10:04:48 AM
:lmfao:

That is fucking priceless.

I know, I know-- too optimistic.  I'm expecting the President to act better than a petulant child.

Why?  You seem quite happy when Ted Cruz does it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

I do not cruise with Cruz if he acts childish.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Pretty much always Standing with Rand, though.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 08:40:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2014, 08:32:42 PM
I predict there will be less gridlock than people are saying.

If it gets the TPP through relatively fast, it will almost be worth the subsequent investigations and impeachment proceedings.

Stopping that steaming pile of shit from going through is one of the few reasons I have to support the Democrats. <_<

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 06, 2014, 10:28:28 AM
Stopping that steaming pile of shit from going through is one of the few reasons I have to support the Democrats. <_<

What's good for Japan is good for America.  Squee.  Mew.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2014, 10:25:39 AM

Even when he acts childish?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Good.  He can tag you in from the ropes when psycho nut Tom Cotton hits Paul with a folding chair when he isn't looking.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2014, 10:32:42 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 06, 2014, 10:28:28 AM

What's good for Japan is good for America.  Squee.  Mew.

I'm shocked that you support an agreement that is basically welfare for Shareholder Value, Inc..

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2014, 10:36:22 AM

Good.  He can tag you in from the ropes when psycho nut Tom Cotton hits Paul with a folding chair when he isn't looking.

Tom seems like a nice guy.

derspiess

I think Joni Ernst is the one who oughtta be at the top of your watch list, Seedy.  She's a woman who doesn't support the things you think she ought to.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 06, 2014, 10:43:46 AM
I'm shocked that you support an agreement that is basically welfare for Shareholder Value, Inc..

You're never going to get past Shareholder Value, ever.  Labor is dead, and laborers don't care.  The die is cast but it doesn't matter, because Wall Street always wins rigged games.  So you might as well leverage it into a favorable foreign policy device in the middle of the world's largest arms race.   

MAH PIVOT