News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tank column crosses from Russia into Ukraine

Started by Syt, November 07, 2014, 09:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/759355

QuoteRussian Defense Ministry dismisses NATO's allegations on columns intruding Ukraine

It's not the first time NATO groundlessly accuses Russia of intruding Ukraine

MOSCOW, November 12. /TASS/. The statements of NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe Philip Breedlove on Russian military columns allegedly intruding the Ukrainian territory are little more than an assertion, Major-General Igor Konashenkov, the official spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry told reporters on Wednesday.

"We've already stopped taking note of the unfounded statements by NATO's Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, Gen Philip Breedlove on Russian military columns he supposedly saw intrude the Ukrainian territory," he said.

"We've stressed many a time there are no real facts behind the acts of shaking the air by Brussels officials," Gen Konashenkov said.

According to him, one may get an impression that the smaller the trust that the European public quarters have in Gen Breedlove's words, "the higher the degree of his alarmist anti-Russian allegations."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2014, 10:56:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 08, 2014, 10:43:01 AM
Judging from the uniform and equipment, I'd say cavalry.

You're no fun.

Those horse carts with machine guns were a big thing to the Soviets.  Didn't actually work against real armies but they were useful in putting down peasants.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2014, 12:24:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2014, 10:56:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 08, 2014, 10:43:01 AM
Judging from the uniform and equipment, I'd say cavalry.

You're no fun.

Those horse carts with machine guns were a big thing to the Soviets.  Didn't actually work against real armies but they were useful in putting down peasants.
They worked well against the Soviet army.