News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 Election Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2014, 12:06:41 AM
Guys, it's all good.  Barack called Senate and House leaders for a meeting Friday.  Maybe he'll even make it a beer summit.  Next two years will be: progress.
Remember when Obama tried to reason with the Russians?  There are some men that you just can't reach.  And really, the Republican leadership is probably a lot less reasonable than Putin.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Look out, Mrs. derspiess.  Daddy's on his way.

derspiess

Holy shit, NBC calls Hogan for MD Governor.  Wonder how people in Fredericktown voted :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2014, 09:24:46 PM
The GOP candidate is an FSU grad, made his money in commercial real estate brokerage, founded an anti-tax organization that publishes its own studies pooh-poohing government spending nuisances like schools and roads.  Ick.

Goodbye, schools and roads.  :lol:

Ironically, my brother-in-law will be looking for a job now;  he works for the Lt. Governor's office.  IS NO ONE SAFE

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 12:13:58 AM
Look out, Mrs. derspiess.  Daddy's on his way.

Tonight I will: let her sleep.  She earned it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2014, 12:14:55 AM
Holy shit, NBC calls Hogan for MD Governor.  Wonder how people in Fredericktown voted :D

I'm sure the the Bud Dry is popping all over the Grand Wizard's front yard.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 12:16:57 AM

Why ask why?

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2014, 12:18:04 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 12:16:57 AM

Why ask why?

The only reason a person could possibly not vote for a black candidate is because they are racist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2014, 12:19:09 AM
The only reason a person could possibly not vote for a black candidate is because they are racist.

I would take you to rural Frederick County, but I wouldn't want to be lynched by association.

CountDeMoney

And yet....like a beacon of hope in the darkness...

derspiess

At any rate, calling Frederick "Frederickstown" isn't gonna get you many votes there. 

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 12:22:17 AM
And yet....like a beacon of hope in the darkness...

Yeah, I guess a moonbeam could be considered a beacon.

CountDeMoney

Oh, and you can totally cancel Martin O'Malley's reservations at the Cedar Rapids Motel 6 for the foreseeable future.  Brown's loss just completely sank his candidacy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on November 05, 2014, 12:23:43 AM
Yeah, I guess a moonbeam could be considered a beacon.

The man did lines of coke off Linda Ronstadt's body.  What have you done?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2014, 12:23:30 AM
At any rate, calling Frederick "Frederickstown" isn't gonna get you many votes there.

Yeah, what is this, the 1850s?   :lol:  Newb.