NFL Final Four

Started by Admiral Yi, January 19, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 20, 2014, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2014, 09:35:57 AM
Enough with the injury excuses, Tim.  Everyone had injuries.
Not like the Patriots. I seriously think this may be Belichick's finest season, under most other coaches this team would have been 5-11.
I don't think this statement can be justified.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

I'm inclined to agree.  Maybe not 5-11, but definitely a rebuilding year.

Ed Anger

Awwwwww, widdle Tom Brady doesn't like Sherman's antics.

QuoteTom Brady slams Richard Sherman for taunting Michael Crabtree
Brady has been on the receiving end of one of Sherman's trash-talking tirades before. In 2012, after Seattle upset the Patriots, Sherman chased Brady down after the game and then mocked him on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/brady-sherman-kind-guy-article-1.1585661#ixzz2qz96gco6

Maybe Giselle can defend him. POOR FUCKING BABY.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 20, 2014, 06:44:58 PM
Awwwwww, widdle Tom Brady doesn't like Sherman's antics.

QuoteTom Brady slams Richard Sherman for taunting Michael Crabtree
Brady has been on the receiving end of one of Sherman's trash-talking tirades before. In 2012, after Seattle upset the Patriots, Sherman chased Brady down after the game and then mocked him on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/brady-sherman-kind-guy-article-1.1585661#ixzz2qz96gco6

Maybe Giselle can defend him. POOR FUCKING BABY.

You've seen this thing, going around Facebook?

Take out characters like Sherman and that's exactly what you're left with.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2014, 06:41:43 PM
They still have Brady.  They still have one of the best lines in football.  They have a workmanlike defence.  That they don't have an embarrassment of riches all over the place but still managed to win doesn't make the Hoodie the King of Kings.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/roger-goodell-nfl-will-explore-eliminating-the-extra-point/

Roger Goodell: NFL will explore eliminating the extra point

Earlier this month, Belichick said he thought extra points were boring because of how automatic they've become and there's enough agreement with him that the league will explore dropping extra points this offseason.

That was the word from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who told Rich Eisen of NFL Network that the league is examining proposals for abolishing the extra point  for pretty much the reason that Belichick cited. Goodell outlined one of the proposed changes.

"The extra point is almost automatic," Goodell said. "I believe we had five missed extra points this year out of 1,200 some odd (1,256-for-1,261, to be precise). So it's a very small fraction of the play, and you want to add excitement with every play. There's one proposal in particular that I've heard about. It's automatic that you get seven points when you score a touchdown, but you could potentially go for an eighth point, either by running or passing the ball, so if you fail, you go back to six."

That would certainly eliminate the boredom of an extra point try without fundamentally changing too much about the decision that coaches already make about when to try for a two-point conversion. There will certainly be some pushback to altering a play that's always been part of the game, but anything that would speed up the process of getting back to actual football is worth considering.

I kind of like it actually.   :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Hate hate hate!  I love the extra point it gives me a second thing to cheer about after the Redskins score.

Plus it supplies some of my points in fantasy football.  Besides extra points are not what is slowing up the game.  They run on and kick that thing almost immediately before people are even done celebrating the TD.  Where exactly is the boredom coming into play? 

If they really want to speed up the game cut out all the damn downtime not eliminate yet more plays.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2014, 11:08:50 PM
Hate hate hate!  I love the extra point it gives me a second thing to cheer about after the Redskins score.

A rare duck indeed.

Enjoy those rare extra points when Gruden retards up the team even more.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 20, 2014, 11:10:58 PM
A rare duck indeed.

Enjoy those rare extra points when Gruden retards up the team even more.

Not after that bastard Goodell even takes that away from me.

But seriously the NFL probably just wants more time for advertising.  Untimed plays ruin their buzz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

A redskins score will taste like those expired airline peanuts Snyder sold to fans.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 20, 2014, 11:03:24 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/roger-goodell-nfl-will-explore-eliminating-the-extra-point/

Roger Goodell: NFL will explore eliminating the extra point

Earlier this month, Belichick said he thought extra points were boring because of how automatic they've become and there's enough agreement with him that the league will explore dropping extra points this offseason.

That was the word from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who told Rich Eisen of NFL Network that the league is examining proposals for abolishing the extra point  for pretty much the reason that Belichick cited. Goodell outlined one of the proposed changes.

"The extra point is almost automatic," Goodell said. "I believe we had five missed extra points this year out of 1,200 some odd (1,256-for-1,261, to be precise). So it's a very small fraction of the play, and you want to add excitement with every play. There's one proposal in particular that I've heard about. It's automatic that you get seven points when you score a touchdown, but you could potentially go for an eighth point, either by running or passing the ball, so if you fail, you go back to six."

That would certainly eliminate the boredom of an extra point try without fundamentally changing too much about the decision that coaches already make about when to try for a two-point conversion. There will certainly be some pushback to altering a play that's always been part of the game, but anything that would speed up the process of getting back to actual football is worth considering.

I kind of like it actually.   :hmm:

Why not just move  the kick back so it's equivalent to a 35 yard field goal?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I don't like it.  Even in a high-scoring game, ther are rarely more than ten extra points a game, and they happen very quickly.  If they really want to speed up downtime in the game, they'd centralize the review process in New York.  The NHL is stupid and they're ignorant, but they have the right way to do video review.  The worst downtime in games is video review downtime.

Alcibiades

I like it not for the time, because who really cares, honestly, but that they would actually matter a lot in a game.  The difference of 2 points after every score would be huge.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on January 20, 2014, 10:06:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2014, 06:41:43 PM
They still have Brady.  They still have one of the best lines in football.  They have a workmanlike defence.  That they don't have an embarrassment of riches all over the place but still managed to win doesn't make the Hoodie the King of Kings.
There's also the fact that they play in the AFC East.  That's one sorry ass division right there and has been for a very long time now.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."