News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Final Four

Started by Admiral Yi, January 19, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

The last 5 head coaches to be hired in the AFC North were all by the Browns.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2014, 07:41:57 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 21, 2014, 07:36:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2014, 07:30:35 PM
Might as well use Madden for GM/coach.

Cant do worse. IIRC Madden never had a losing season as a pro coach.

The video game.  59.99

That's for the new version.   But Madden 25 turned down the job.  There was some interest from a slightly scratched, used version of Madden 10.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

:w00t:

I remember dad buying that game as an incentive of some sort for my older brother.  IIRC the game had just been marked down to $39, which is about $100 today adjusted for inflation :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

I played the shit out of that Mattel game.

Not familiar with that space invaders looking game.

Ed Anger

Sub chase can be the Browns a Special teams coach.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

When did they the Pro Bowl before the Superbowl?

And with that...could it be any more pointless and irrelevant?

Admiral Yi

How does doing it after the Supremo Bowl make it any more relevant?

If anything, I would think holding it after the end of the season would tend to make it even more irrelevant.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 09:04:32 PM
How does doing it after the Supremo Bowl make it any more relevant?
The all-stars on the Superbowl teams won't be there.  That turns out to be a lot of guys most of the time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Has anyone on a Superbowl team actually ever played in one of those sorry ass games?

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 09:09:37 PM
Has anyone on a Superbowl team actually ever played in one of those sorry ass games?
Yes.

But yeah, the Pro Bowl is stupid.  The very nature of football doesn't really lend itself to a very good all-star game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

The NFL should be ashamed. 
It hasn't embarrassed itself this much since forcing players to participate in those godawful network variety shows in the '70s and early '80s.

"And now, superstar quarterback Roger Staubach will attempt to balance five spinning dishes on two broomsticks!"

katmai

I miss the Battle of the Network stars shows. Good Times.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son