News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Final Four

Started by Admiral Yi, January 19, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Ditch the PAT *and* the kickoff, and you could cut about 20 minutes from every game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2014, 11:37:02 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 20, 2014, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2014, 09:35:57 AM
Enough with the injury excuses, Tim.  Everyone had injuries.
Not like the Patriots. I seriously think this may be Belichick's finest season, under most other coaches this team would have been 5-11.

Uh, yeah.  Lots of teams had injuries like the Patriots.

No other team has injuries like the Patriots

Brady, QB - probable, two hairs out of place.
Brady, QB - questionable, late GQ photo shoot.
Brady, QB - out, Richard Sherman hurt my feelings.
Brady, QB - doubtful, missing behind wife's skirts.
Gronkowski, TE - out, drive-by shot in knee by AHernandez
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

I like the removal of the extra point. It might take away an opportunity for an ad break. I am always in favor of that.

NFL football has too many ad breaks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 21, 2014, 08:18:43 AM
No other team has injuries like the Patriots

Brady, QB - probable, two hairs out of place.
Brady, QB - questionable, late GQ photo shoot.
Brady, QB - out, Richard Sherman hurt my feelings.
Brady, QB - doubtful, missing behind wife's skirts.
Gronkowski, TE - out, drive-by shot in knee by AHernandez

You forgot:
Talib, DB - Out, as scheduled every 3rd Sunday

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2014, 08:20:26 AM
I like the removal of the extra point. It might take away an opportunity for an ad break. I am always in favor of that.

It really wouldn't.  They'd just go straight from the touchdown into commercials, rather than having an extra point.  In fact, if the NFL is looking to shave time, it's only to get more commercials in there.

As for eliminating the kickoffs, I suppose it makes sense.  It was the most exciting part of the game after all (before they got turned it into almost automatic touchbacks), and the NFL does stand for No Fun League.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

I'm mildly surprised the idea is to remove it vs. just showing commercials during the PAT.

Valmy

No it will mean a few less plays and more ads during a game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

CBS needs you to know about the all-new NCIS episode following the CBS presentation of all-new episodes of CBS's award-winning Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother tomorrow night, right here on CBS.

Grey Fox

Nah, they do ads when teams are changing from Special Teams to Offense/Defense.

What they need is less change from those formations.

Right now we have

Touchdown
Ad
Extra Point
Ad
Kick Off
Ad
1st Down.

What I'm hoping is that it goes to

Touchdown
Ad
Kick Off
Ad
1st Down.

Also the NFL needs to legislate no ads after a 3rd down.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
Touchdown
Ad
Extra Point

There is no ad before extra points.  The extra point is kicked almost immediately after the TD.  There might be an exception if they call a time out to think about whether to go for two or something though or if the TD is being reviewed but cutting the extra point will not help that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I'm opposed to gay foxing the NFL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

QuoteBrowns Hire Adorable Stray Kitten as New Head Coach
BrownsFinal

The Cleveland Browns finally filled their vacant head coach position today, deciding on "Brownie," a stray kitten that CEO Joe Banner found near the team's Berea facility this afternoon.

"I had been to Home Depot this morning in my truck and I got some day laborers for what I called a 'rebuilding' job out in Berea," said general manager Mike Lombardi. "Anyway, once they figured out that the job was to be the coaching staff of the Browns, they all jumped out of the truck. I was going about 75 mph. It's amazing they weren't all killed. Anyway, as I was coming back to the facility, empty-handed, I spotted this kitten in a storm drain. And here we are."

Team owner Jimmy Haslam says the kitten has the right mentality for the job.

"She, at least I think it's a she. Anyway, she was in a storm drain, down and out," said Haslam. "But she didn't give up and now she is the first kitten head coach of an NFL team. I think that can be an inspiration to our players. We've got to scratch and claw our way out, just like a hungry cat."

Banner said he doesn't know much about the kitten's football philosophy, but said he wouldn't be surprised if she runs the wildcat offense, to which the assembled press corps laughed.

"What's so funny?" said Banner. "This team is not a joke. We looked at a lot of candidates and Brownie here stood out from the rest. We don't want a coach who doesn't want to be here. And Brownie wants to be here. Good, Brownie," he added, petting the kitten. "Yes, we'll get you another bowl of milk. Please don't leave. Ouch! Don't bite, Brownie. No!"

"Mew, mew, meoooooow," said Brownie, struggling to leave the podium while being held in place by Banner and Haslam.

The Browns are not yet sure how Brownie will fill out her staff.

"We'll look for other strays with nowhere else to go," said Lombardi. "Maybe stop at the local SPCA, although I doubt they'd give us any kittens. I don't know. I think the hope for now is that Brownie has a bunch of kittens before next season starts."

sbr

:lol:  The Browns.

I head today they are interviewing Dirk Koetter and the Cowboys' Special Teams coach.  What a trainwreck.

Ed Anger

Might as well use Madden for GM/coach.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2014, 07:30:35 PM
Might as well use Madden for GM/coach.
Frank Caliendo would ultimately be as effective, yet funnier.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points