And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Final Four

Started by Admiral Yi, January 19, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2014, 10:51:55 PM
The NFL should be ashamed. 
It hasn't embarrassed itself this much since forcing players to participate in those godawful network variety shows in the '70s and early '80s.

"And now, superstar quarterback Roger Staubach will attempt to balance five spinning dishes on two broomsticks!"

Indeed...those shows brought great men to shame...

Ed Anger

And he wouldn't appear in 1941.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

:lol:  That's the kind of shit that would come on tv on a Sunday night, and I'd just sit there, staring through William Shatner's toupee and Linda Carter's tits while I was gripped with the fear and loathing of having to go to school the next day.

Sunday nights sucked.  Hell, they suck now.

Ed Anger

Tonitrus

The Muppet Show was on Sunday nights.  :mad:

And should be the exception to the variety show hate.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 26, 2014, 10:57:59 PM

And should be the exception to the variety show hate.

That shit could getting tiring. John Denver? Fuck that shit.

Admiral Yi

What was the name of that show where pro athletes ran the obstacle course?

Tonitrus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 26, 2014, 10:57:59 PM

No shit.  So was CHiPs, Battlestar Galactica and That's Incredible!...all painful reminders that Sunday night was a terrible, terrible place to be.

That stopwatch for 60 Minutes?  That was the countdown for the ticking time bomb that was School The Next Day.  I still get the willies when I hear that fucking stopwatch.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
What was the name of that show where pro athletes ran the obstacle course?
Superstars wasn't it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2014, 11:02:11 PM

That stopwatch for 60 Minutes?  That was the countdown for the ticking time bomb that was School The Next Day.  I still get the willies when I hear that fucking stopwatch.

:yes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I still miss early sunday USA network cartoons. Mom world make these awesome breakfasts and we'd eat them while watching shitty jabberjaw cartoons.

Fuck. I didn't need that flashback.

MadImmortalMan

Average Super Bowl ticket price: $3019.99

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 27, 2014, 10:50:03 AM
Average Super Bowl ticket price: $3019.99

And dropping.

Looking for a Super Bowl ticket? Wait, the price is going down

A cold weather stadium for the Super Bowl is the dumbest idea.  People don't want to freeze their nutsacks off at the end of January in fucking Jersey, they do that for a living;  they want to get away from it all and be in San Diego, Miami, Tampa or Arizona, enjoying a weeks' worth of fun in the sun, or failing that, at least being comfortable in a dome like New Orleans or ATL.

Besides, it's not like it's the fans that are traditionally able to go in massive numbers;  the majority of Super Bowl tickets are reserved for the NFL, the players, the teams' limited number of season ticket holders that win the right to buy them in a lottery, businesses with NFL relations, corporate execs and their clients, political friends and donors, a few prize winners and a variety of other useless shareholders that are more involved in everything else other than the game, and they'd all rather be doing it in San Diego this time of year.

Valmy

Wait more tickets for Denver and Seattle fans?  Well hell I hope they have the game in Lambeau field next year.  Screw those corporate assholes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."