News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why did English survive?

Started by Queequeg, December 27, 2013, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

That was a joke, though in retrospect I look like an idiot. 

It's really hard for me to tell the line between my schtick and me.  Even for me. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Larch

Quote from: Queequeg on January 10, 2014, 04:04:01 PMEDIT: There's a fucking Wikipedia article on it.

Which has this in the very first line:

QuoteCircassian beauties is a phrase used to refer to an idealized image of the women of the Circassian people of the Northern Caucasus.

Admiral Yi

In your defense Squeelus, I think Quebecoise are insanely hott, and as everyone knows they are from Breton stock.

Queequeg

I thought they were mixed with a bunch of other Northern French types?

Also, agree on Quebeckers.  Mariee-Jozee Croze was one of my first intense celebrity crushes.  Also, Caroline Dhavernas :wub:
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on January 10, 2014, 04:16:24 PM

If so, I'm sure they were suitably repressed types.  :sleep:

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2014, 04:18:53 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on January 10, 2014, 04:16:24 PM

If so, I'm sure they were suitably repressed types.  :sleep:

I am not sure what you are talking about.  Royal France was a bastion of tolerance and freedom.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2014, 04:20:15 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about.  Royal France was a bastion of tolerance and freedom.

It was a jab at Squeelus' bizarro comment about hott repressed French ethnic groups.

Barrister

I dunno - Quebecois are faily hot, but I always chalked it up to how they dress / carry themselves, rather than anything genetic about their face or proportions...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2014, 04:21:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2014, 04:20:15 PM

It was a jab at Squeelus' bizarro comment about hott repressed French ethnic groups.

I am contractually obligated to fire back at any anti-French comments out there until Zoupa returns.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

I'd storm her Plains of Abraham. 

Queequeg

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2014, 04:21:54 PM
I dunno - Quebecois are faily hot, but I always chalked it up to how they dress / carry themselves, rather than anything genetic about their face or proportions...
Are Quebecois a bit more native-influenced than most European Canadians? 

Barrister

Quote from: Queequeg on January 10, 2014, 04:24:47 PM

Not that I'm aware of.

I have to admit though that I consciously decided not to post in your fairly racist "what people look the hottest" thread, but I was tempted to say "Metis"...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Queequeg

I don't think I've ever met a Metis, but you've said they were an attractive people previously.  Aren't they kind of mixed French-English-Scottish-First Nation?

Maximus

Quote from: Queequeg on January 10, 2014, 04:24:47 PM
I very much doubt they are more so than, say, Saskatchewan.

Admiral Yi

They are svelte and they have rockin' poopers.