News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

America's Welfare State fails

Started by Siege, January 08, 2014, 08:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 09:46:45 AM
I'm not sure everyone would consider it a priority...unless we are defining everyone very narrowly. :P

Not everybody would consider elimination of poverty and guaranteeing high levels of employment a high priority?  Sounds like a winning political legacy to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 09, 2014, 09:47:44 AM
If the state hires all unemployed people you have no unemployment.

Again if that plan worked everybody would be doing it.  But somehow it has always proven to be rather unsustainable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Maybe we live in a computer simulation in which the theory of the welfare state is being tested.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DGuller

Quote from: Siege on January 09, 2014, 02:10:49 PM
Maybe we live in a computer simulation in which the theory of the welfare state is being tested.
:o Sounds like they changed some parameters this morning, Siege actually said something deep (and coherent!).

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on January 09, 2014, 02:38:10 PM
Quote from: Siege on January 09, 2014, 02:10:49 PM
:o Sounds like they changed some parameters this morning, Siege actually said something deep (and coherent!).
Is he: The One?
PDH!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on January 09, 2014, 02:38:10 PM

Just wait.  The Rev.2014.01.10 patch will probably break him again.
Experience bij!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2014, 09:48:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 09:46:45 AM
I'm not sure everyone would consider it a priority...unless we are defining everyone very narrowly. :P

Not everybody would consider elimination of poverty and guaranteeing high levels of employment a high priority?  Sounds like a winning political legacy to me.

Garbon is a Republican.  :secret:

garbon

When I'm speaking about myself, I think I'd make that clear. I was thinking that everyone encompasses a lot of nations on Earth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2014, 12:58:28 PM
When I'm speaking about myself, I think I'd make that clear. I was thinking that everyone encompasses a lot of nations on Earth.

It does indeed.  But more telling is your view of what most people on the face of the earth would think. ;)

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 10, 2014, 01:03:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2014, 12:58:28 PM

It does indeed.  But more telling is your view of what most people on the face of the earth would think. ;)

Telling of my negativity? Sure but then that's always been a given.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2014, 01:09:37 PMTelling of my negativity? Sure but then that's always been a given.

I choose to believe that there once was a young garbon full of hope and joy and good feelings, before life so cruelly beat those sentiments out of him.

garbon

Now, no. Negativity doesn't mean I don't have joy and good feelings. :P

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2014, 01:17:51 PM
Now, no. Negativity doesn't mean I don't have joy and good feelings. :P

Could have fooled me.