Main Menu

Tommy Wiseau's Accent

Started by Queequeg, December 18, 2013, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on December 26, 2013, 08:56:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 26, 2013, 08:51:36 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on December 26, 2013, 08:44:29 PM
Tommy's not a psychopath.  He's completely desperate for attention and human connection.  That doesn't bode well for success inside a criminal conspiracy.

If he's so mysterious, how do you know he's not a psychopath?  Besides the factors you mention are hardly deal breakers.
:lol:
Okay.  I want you to imagine trying to explain to a Russian mobster why American Hollywood culture is a thousand % better than anything Russia will ever do, and actively refusing to speak the mother language.  It seems extremely unlikely to me.

Like I said, they don't need to be very bright.  Being a middle-man for running drugs can be quite profitable, and takes no special intelligence.  It's not like he would be the first French speaker to help with moving drugs into the states.  I'm not saying he does run drugs, I don't know and I don't really care, but it's hardly "impossible".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on December 26, 2013, 08:59:51 PM
On a vaguely related note, the long-lost star of Silent Night, Deadly Night 2, Eric Freeman, surfaced last week at a screening of the movie in LA.

:w00t:

The movie was a total crapfest (and about half of it was re-used footage from the original movie), but his over the top acting was hilarious.

"Garbage Day!" *bang*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

"I'm beginning to like this picture!"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

wylonhrts

Isn't he Czech? Several things point to it.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

:hmm:

wylonhrts has been allowed to stay but bimber14 was banned.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: wylonhrts on January 06, 2014, 11:17:13 AM
Isn't he Czech? Several things point to it.
That seems to be the most educated conclusion.  He's not Hungarian, cause there was a Hungarian on-set who was clueless where he was from.  He's not Russian or eastern Ukrainian because he's Catholic.  He talks about invading Soviet troops, and he's not old enough to remember 45.  He seems like a Czech or Slovak who left in the early 70s for Strasbourg when he was still quite young, and his accent was influenced by it. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2014, 11:47:02 AM
:hmm:

wylonhrts has been allowed to stay but bimber14 was banned.

Was bimber14 your friend?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

celedhring

James Franco has optioned a book about the film's production with a view on directing an adaptation:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/james-franco-disaster-artist-movie-the-room/