News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tommy Wiseau's Accent

Started by Queequeg, December 18, 2013, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4KzClb1C4

I've heard a lot of the smartest answers be something along the lines of "Czech+French", meaning that Wiseau spent his childhood between France and Czechoslovakia, or another West Slavic or South Slavic country.  It isn't recognizably Hungarian according to most sources.

Ideas?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

I assumed it was native San Franciscan.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

I assumed it was just being pretentious. 
PDH!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Grinning_Colossus

Alsatian French, raised by a German-accented grandparent.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Queequeg

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 18, 2013, 11:36:58 AM
Alsatian French, raised by a German-accented grandparent.
:hmm:
Seems plausible.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

dps

I thought he just has a speech impediment of some sort.

Caliga

FYI in case anyone hasn't heard of that movie before, it's hilariously bad.  Lots of other clips of it worth watching on YT.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I was able to watch maybe 45 seconds of that review, tops, before that guy annoyed me so much I had to close the window. :yuk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 19, 2013, 06:02:25 AM
I was able to watch maybe 45 seconds of that review, tops, before that guy annoyed me so much I had to close the window. :yuk:

Yeah but as a HR guy human emotions make you annoyed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on December 19, 2013, 06:02:25 AM

I like him a lot (well, not his new, "let's do unfunny comedy skits" reviews), mostly because he is very much a coked up caricature of a good friend of mine. But I agree that he's no Brad Jones (aka the Cinema Snob).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?