News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scott: 'New Alien film to be prequel'

Started by garbon, June 03, 2009, 11:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2009, 02:36:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 03, 2009, 02:33:09 PM
As long as they don't fuck with Aliens.

HICKS IS A MAN!
And that's the problem.  Hicks will make sweet love to Hudson in Brokeback Aliens.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

Quote from: saskganesh on June 03, 2009, 02:44:10 PM
got one.

zulu dawn.

Worth it, as red coated Imperialist Warmongers get mowed down by the noble savage.

saskganesh

exactly.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say: Best Prequel of All Time :bowler:
humans were created in their own image

grumbler

Babaylon 5: In the Beginning didn't suck, and it was a prequel.

Many novel series have started as single books and then turned into series, so that some of the succeeding books were in fact prequels.  The Horatio Hornblower novels spring to mind as having prequels that were good. 

Similarly, the first TV series of Rumpole of the Bailey constituted a prequel to the Plays for Today BBC production of Rumpole of the Bailey, as they took place in the 1960s and early 1970s, compared to 1975 for the first work.

I will agree that prequels in general are usually inferior, but would also agree that sequels in general are inferior.  It is human nature to take more care with something that will establish a reoputation than something that will simply maintain it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2009, 02:41:12 PM
And that's the problem.  Hicks will make sweet love to Hudson male, sensitive Vazquez in Brokeback Aliens.

FYP :bleeding:

Hudson will really be a woman, though, rendering another classic quote a parody of itself. :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Does Batman Begins count?  It may not have been as good as Batman Returns but it's better than Batman.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 03, 2009, 03:03:58 PM
Does Batman Begins count?  It may not have been as good as Batman Returns but it's better than Batman.

Too much Christian Bale.

Malthus

When they make a live-action movie version of The Hobbit, it will be a prequel.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2009, 03:06:37 PM
When they make a live-action movie version of The Hobbit, it will be a prequel.  :lol:
Hobbit was written (Or at least published) first if I recall. 
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 03, 2009, 03:03:58 PM

No, series reboot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 03, 2009, 03:07:46 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2009, 03:06:37 PM
Hobbit was written (Or at least published) first if I recall.

I know; hence the [ :lol:].

TLotR is an example of a sequel that outshone the original book; thus it was made into a movie first, and in the movie version, it will appear to be a "prequel" when in fact the book was published first.

May be unique in this respect.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2009, 03:11:34 PM
[TLotR is an example of a sequel that outshone the original book; thus it was made into a movie first, and in the movie version, it will appear to be a "prequel" when in fact the book was published first.

May be unique in this respect.

Is LOTR really a sequel though? I thought Tolkien worked on it for decades.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?