News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scott: 'New Alien film to be prequel'

Started by garbon, June 03, 2009, 11:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Nothing came up on a search of Languish so...

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a157792/scott-new-alien-film-to-be-prequel.html

QuoteTony Scott has revealed that the proposed new Alien film will be a prequel.

The producer of the upcoming movie said that he expects the franchise reboot to begin filming "hopefully [by] the end of the year" but was unsure if it would be on the calendar as a summer 2011 release.

Scott also confirmed that Carl Rinsch would take over directorial duties from his brother Ridley, who directed the original film in 1979 and will oversee the current project.

He told Collider: "Yes, Carl Rinsch is going to do the prequel to Alien. He's one of our directors at our company."

There is speculation as to whether the prequel will focus on the events leading up to the first film, with a spaceship loaded with alien eggs crash landing on a remote planet, to be discovered by the crew of the Nostromo.

The Alien franchise has made $850 million at the worldwide box office.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Neil

The entire 'reboot' craze shows a complete lack of creativity and innovation in our culture.  Soon, the West will be finished.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

They've raped this series to death already, why do they keep molesting the corpse!? :bleeding:

If only they'd stay true to the AVP comics.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2009, 11:49:58 AM
The entire 'reboot' craze shows a complete lack of creativity and innovation in our culture.  Soon, the West will be finished.

Short term gain is all that counts. It's rampant in our society from Banks to Entertainment business.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Cerr

I think people are still coming up with original ideas but producers see prequels and reboots as safer options.

saskganesh

actually, I think this one could work.

... any good prequels?

Godfather II?
humans were created in their own image

Savonarola

Quote from: saskganesh on June 03, 2009, 11:57:15 AM

... any good prequels?

Godfather II?

That was a sprequel since it had events that took place after the original Godfather as well.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Or we'll reboot and start carving up other lands once again.

But myeh.

Reboots...The idea is bad but a lot of the results have been pretty good.
██████
██████
██████

Cerr

... any good prequels?

Godfather II?
Don't think that counts,  doesn't the majority of the film take place after the first one?

Neil

... any good prequels?

Godfather II?
Which was a sequel.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

I'd like it if they made a horror film a la the original Alien.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2009, 11:50:43 AM
If only they'd stay true to the AVP comics.  :(
They weren't that great.

I think that Alien3 pretty much finished the franchise.  The damnable part of it is that Alien3 was actually a pretty good film, it's just that it was raping and killing Hicks, Bishop and Newt.