Main Menu

Scott: 'New Alien film to be prequel'

Started by garbon, June 03, 2009, 11:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2009, 04:27:24 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 03, 2009, 04:04:36 PM
I want a Halo movie!  :mad:
I don't think it's possible to make a good movie based on Halo, unless MS buys a studio.

I think a movie based on the "Halo Universe", telling the story of the Covenant War (or the War of Reclamation, if you hate humans), could potentially be pretty good.

Something like an screen version of "Contact Harvest", the story of the first contact with the Covenant, some 30 years before the games' timeline.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2009, 03:35:13 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2009, 03:20:55 PM
Why would that not make it a sequel? It was published after the Hobbit, and continues the narrative (if not the tone) of the earlier work.

Because conceptually it came first, so in a sense the Hobbit is really the prequel. /shrug

My impression was that the Simarillion came first, and both the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings are outgrowths of that.

Edit: much as Grumbler already said.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2009, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 03, 2009, 04:04:36 PM
I want a Halo movie!  :mad:

Siegey brings up a good point.

The only kind of movie worse than a prequel is a movie based on a video game.  :bleeding:
Isn't that because most (maybe all?) haven't been given the A treatment. Hell, the entire genre's been desecrated by the likes of Uwe Boll.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

I still say that, with the right lead, some of the Honor Harrington novels could be terrific movies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on June 03, 2009, 08:58:24 PM
I still say that, with the right lead, some of the Honor Harrington novels could be terrific movies.

I agree.

Sandra Bullocks would look pretty close to the mental image I have of that bitch.

Though they would probably have to drop the Warshaski sails. That's pretty stupid.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Siege on June 03, 2009, 10:48:19 PM
Though they would probably have to drop the Warshaski sails. That's pretty stupid.
Ah.  So you're the person responsible for ruining everything interesting or cool that gets brought to the silver screen.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I'd laugh if the infodumps was left in.

Hard. I'd even pay to watch that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2009, 08:30:10 AM

I'd laugh if the infodumps was left in.

Hard. I'd even pay to watch that.
I love the novels, it would be funny as hell if they did a Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy style break to go over some bit of technological arcana every now and again. 

"The Encyclopedia Galactica sites the Second Battle of Bestel as the first time .3c missiles were deployed against stationary space structures using the MegaCorp XL35 synthsteel armor."
PDH!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Quote from: Siege on June 03, 2009, 10:48:19 PM

I agree.

Sandra Bullocks would look pretty close to the mental image I have of that bitch.

Really? What about Miley? :P I must warn you, brother, she turns 18 in a couple of years and I'm not sure who you'll have to fill her shoes. :(
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on June 04, 2009, 12:11:56 PM
Really? What about Miley? :P I must warn you, brother, she turns 18 in a couple of years and I'm not sure who you'll have to fill her shoes. :(

Don't worry, the people at Disney are always on the lookout for new idols for the pre-teen crowd.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?