Cultural Learnings Of United Kingdom To Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Hungary

Started by Tamas, December 03, 2013, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: DGuller on December 03, 2013, 09:16:15 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2013, 09:14:34 AM

The funny part is I found it just as exhausting putting up with people being so moody all the time.  When I say hello just smile and say hello back you crazy Euros!  Is that not what civilization demands?
No.  :mad:

No. Smiling people can't be trusted.

Brazen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2013, 10:23:55 AM
:lol: You Brits do understand that if you only want cold water you just turn on the cold faucet, right?
Yes, cold water comes straight from the water main and is fresh. Hot, hot water kills all the germs. Warm water is just wrong. And doesn't toughen you up.

The Brain

British let's-put-the-plumbing-on-the-outside-of-the-house is hilarious.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on December 03, 2013, 10:30:26 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2013, 10:23:55 AM
:lol: You Brits do understand that if you only want cold water you just turn on the cold faucet, right?
Yes, cold water comes straight from the water main and is fresh. Hot, hot water kills all the germs. Warm water is just wrong. And doesn't toughen you up.

So what temperature water do you use to shower with? Also are you saying that you scald your hands every time you wash them? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2013, 10:31:42 AM
So what temperature water do you use to shower with?
In my current house alternating boiling hot and freezing cold at the steady pace of a slow pour :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Btw, Tamas, I give you shit because it is The languish Way(tm), but thanks for the topic.  It sends me back to when I was living in London.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

I love England but the English simply do not understand houses and how they are supposed to work.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2013, 10:32:57 AM
In my current house alternating boiling hot and freezing cold at the steady pace of a slow pour :weep:

That was my dorm in College.  I had to make a decision whether I wanted to freeze or boil in my shower.  I usually chose to burn and my skin would be red for awhile when I got out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Brazen

So what temperature water do you use to shower with? Also are you saying that you scald your hands every time you wash them? :unsure:
The electric shower heats cold water straight from the mains to my desired temperature.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on December 03, 2013, 10:35:20 AM
The electric shower heats cold water straight from the mains to my desired temperature.

Gotcha. How about the second question?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2013, 10:34:15 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2013, 10:32:57 AM

That was my dorm in College.  I had to make a decision whether I wanted to freeze or boil in my shower.  I usually chose to burn and my skin would be red for awhile when I got out.

I always check the shower when I look for new apartments. :D

Brazen

Quote from: garbon on December 03, 2013, 10:41:47 AM
Gotcha. How about the second question?
Well it doesn't start scalding, there's a window of perfection as it warms. For extended washing and shaving you fill the sink from both taps and save water. Remember we have this thing called the environment in Europe.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on December 03, 2013, 10:46:25 AM
Well it doesn't start scalding, there's a window of perfection as it warms. For extended washing and shaving you fill the sink from both taps and save water.

Eww, gross. So like a bath for your hands...:x

Actually I recall it being like that, which I disliked when at the Stanford house as I was sharing a bathroom with like 10+ people.

Quote from: Brazen on December 03, 2013, 10:46:25 AM
Remember we have this thing called the environment in Europe.

Eww, gross.

Richard Hakluyt

Tamas, I like the way that you find Londoners too cheerful and friendly, it's not what they are usually accused of  :D

Gups

I prefer mixer taps, but I'm not that bothered. I either want cold water to drink, in which case I just fill a glass. Or warm water to wash, in which case I fill the basin. Showers usually have their own hearing system.

Nice OP Tamas. Whereabouts in the UK are you?