News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Warspite on April 15, 2014, 08:59:33 AM
I wish Ukrainians every success in defeating the secessionist and annexationist forces. However, sometimes the long game can pay off too:

After visiting Croatia for a few weeks last summer, and seeing how they've just abandoned shot-up old buildings, I never want to see another former war zone again.
Walked around in Dubrovnik's war museum, saw photos of all those that gave their life defending that little outpost. Cried a few tears, went to spend a lot of money on food for me and my then girlfriend. Later we went to Mostar. And that was really sad.

Warspite

Mostar is indeed very sad; the local Croatian community's idea of progress there is building every-larger crosses overlooking the town. I think I've given up on Herzegovina ever discovering modernity.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

derspiess

Speaking of the former Yugoslavia, dunno why this is so amusing for me but I just read that the Yugoslav national anthem was "Hey, Slavs"  :D   Not sure how I missed that before.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

According to local Russian civilian self defence forces, after a brief firefight, Ukrainian army has liberated the airport next to Kramatorsk.
The retreating local civilians (lulz), went back to the town and barricaded the roads.

I hope it will continue to be this easy. Then we will be able to see if this was just a colossal bluff from Putin and Ukrainians should have intervened immediately at the Crimea as well, OR we will see Russian tanks rolling. At any case I am glad to see things moving forward.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Warspite on April 15, 2014, 09:13:05 AM
Mostar is indeed very sad; the local Croatian community's idea of progress there is building every-larger crosses overlooking the town. I think I've given up on Herzegovina ever discovering modernity.
I found it weird that apparently Prince Charles re-opened the bridge because he was the only figure that could be agreed on as sufficiently neutral.

But it seems true of Bosnia in general. I've visited a couple of times because I've a friend who lives out there. Talking to him and his friends about the country and it's very depressing.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2014, 09:14:38 AM
Speaking of the former Yugoslavia, dunno why this is so amusing for me but I just read that the Yugoslav national anthem was "Hey, Slavs"  :D   Not sure how I missed that before.

Hey Slavs, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Hey, Slavs, where you going with that gun in your hand?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2014, 08:13:14 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2014, 08:07:48 AM
The mayor of Slavyansk has announced she's been a secret agent for Kiev:

Was that a confession or a gotcha? :unsure:

What ever he's got, I don't want.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

She needs more makeup.  Silvery makeup.  And what's she doing wearing a blue shirt?  Should be silver.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Reminds me of my ex sister-in-law's fat phase.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2014, 09:59:51 AM

LOL DID YOU: FAT SHAME HER?

Ed Anger

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2014, 10:05:26 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2014, 10:04:54 AM

LOL DID YOU: FAT SHAME HER?

She shamed herself.

Are you sure she wasn't pregnant and it wasn't you?

You have a lot, it's ok to lose track of some of them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Reminds me of Christina Aguilera, circa 2025.